The Yakima 42 inch Track HardTop Kit is a permanent mounted crossbar system that includes a track giving you the utmost flexibility with where the bars are positioned. The Hard Top Kit includes four Yakima control towers, two sets of landing pad ones, a set of 58 inch crossbars, a 42 inch track and Yakima's cap nut hardware.
The Yakima HardTop kit is commonly used on the roof of Jeep Wranglers, Truck Caps, Toppers, Camper Shells, Canopies, and even on certain Tonneau Covers. Underside access is important for this system to work as you need to be able to properly tighten up the Cap Nut Hardware. Yakima's Cap Nut Hardware is designed to give a clean look on the underside with a limited amount of bolt coming through.
The Yakima HardTop Kit is a great option for someone who is looking at carrying a wide variety of gear such as canoes, bikes and snowboards. When carrying a canoe it is best if you can have the crossbars as far apart as possible as this gives you the ability to disperse the weight, however you only require 24 inches for most canoes. When carrying bikes its best to have a little closer crossbar spread such as 30 inches, however you only require 16 inches for most roof mounted bike racks. With snowboards you may need to adjust the rack slightly in order to find the best fit for your bindings, in this case we often go with something around 32 inches.
If you don't want the cross bars on the roof you can simply detach them from the landing pads and replace them with the covers. This gives you the ability to take the rack on and off with ease. We do recommend purchasing a four pack of Yakima's SKS locks in order to prevent someone else from removing the rack from your vehicle.
- Includes four control towers, two sets of landing pad ones, a set of 58 inch bars, a set of 42 inch tracks, and cap nut hardware.
- A four pack of Yakima locking SKS can be added if you would like make the cross bars locking to vehicle
- Designed to mounted in situations where underside access is available such as: the roof of Jeep Wranglers, Truck Caps, Toppers, Camper Shells, Canopies, and even on certain Tonneau Covers
- Gives you the ability to carry a wide range of gear with ease
- Easy to adjust so that you can position the rack in the optimal position for each of the accessories that you are carrying.