The Yakima DoubleDown 4 can carry up to 4 bikes on either a 2 inch or 1.25 inch hitch receiever. The Double Down 4 is a two arm hanging style bike rack with 3 soft rubber cradles for each bike. Two of the cradles support and strap down the bikes crossbar while the third cradle supports and wraps around the seat tube of the bike preventing the bike from swaying bike and forth while travelling.
The DoubleDown 4 has two fold down features which allow you to fold the arms down when the rack is not in use as well as fold the rack down to access the back of your vehicle. You can add locks to the DoubleDown 4 by purchasing the Yakima DeadLock hitch and bike cable lock
. This lock system will lock the rack onto your hitch and lock your bikes on to the rack.
- Carries up to 4 bikes (up to 40 pounds per bike)
- Fits both 2 inch and 1.25 inch receivers
- Tilts away for easy access to your rear hatch
- TriggerFinger" technology lets you fold arms down with the press of a button when rack is not in use
- Standard SwitchBlade anti-sway cradles eliminate bike-to-bike contact and prevent the bikes from swaying while driving
- Durable powder coat finish
- Integrated bottle opener (beverage not included)
- If you have a bike with a unique frame a crossbar adapter may be required such as the Yakima Tube Top, which mounts around the handle bars and seat post, giving you a proper bar to mount onto you rack
- Add a Yakima DeadLock (sold separately) available to lock your bikes to your hitch carrier, and the hitch carrier to your vehicle
- Rack Weight: 31 lb.
- Weight capacity: 160 lb. or 40 lb. per bike
- Hitch pin to bumper clearance: 9"
- Hitch size: 1.25" or 2"
- Product instructions: PDF download
- Yakima hitch compatibility fit guide: PDF download