The Thule 9027 Apex Swing is premium hitch mounted bike rack that swings away from the rear of vehicle giving you access to the trunk, hatch or tail gate of the vehicle. The 4 bike 9027 Apex Swing Away is designed to fit 2 inch hitches and allows you to carry up to 4 bikes. The Swing away base allows you to keep all 4 bikes on your rack and get full access to the back of your vehicle.
The Thule 9027 Apex 4 bike Swing utilizes an auto pin which clicks into place when sliding the bike rack into the hitch. Once the pin has engaged into the hitch you can firmly tighten the locking knob. This allows the rack to expand filling the hitch and takes away the movement of the rack.
- Carries up to 4 bikes
- Fits 2" receivers
- Swing-away design that allows a fully loaded hitch rack to swing away from the vehicle for rear of vehicle access
- Snug-Tite receiver lock virtually eliminates hitch rack movement in receiver and locks the hitch rack to the vehicle
- Hold Fast RDT (Road Dampening Technology) Cradles absorb the shock of the road protecting your bike during transport
- Arc design of the arms gives bikes greater clearance off the ground and provides greater distance between bikes preventing contact
- Increased mast height for improved ground clearance
- Patented No-Sway Cage to prevent bike to bike contact
- Heavy-duty integrated lock allows you to lock the bikes to rack and stores in the hitch rack when not in use
- If you have a bike with a unique frame a crossbar adapter may be required such as the Thule 982XT Frame Adapter which mounts around the handle bars and seat post, giving you a proper bar to mount onto
- Integrated handle for easy carrying and handling
- Folding Hitch Switch allows the arms to fold when not in use and tilts the carrier down for rear of vehicle access
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)
- Thule hitch bike rack compatibility fit guide: PDF download (external link)