The Kuat Beta 2 Inch is a 2 bike hitch mounted rack that is designed to fit into a 2 inch hitch receiver. The Beta is a unique rack in that it was specifically made to be as light as possible weighing in at only 11lbs. The aluminum design allows the rack to be light weight along with being corrosion resistant while not compromising its ability to carry a significant amount of weight. The Beta boasts the ability to carry a total weight of 80 pounds or 40 pounds per bike.
The Kuat Beta also features two folding points. The first one allows you to fold down the arms of the bike rack so that they are not sticking out while you are driving without the bikes. The second allows you to fold the bike rack down giving you better access to the hatch or trunk of vehicles. The folding feature at the base of the Beta can also be used to make the rack more compact if you are looking at storing it.
In order to provide a stable ride to your bike the Beta includes three key features. The first is the anti sway cradles which attach onto the down tube of your bike to limit the ability of the bike to swing. The second is the hand tight cam mechanism which expands to fill the hitch and eliminate potential movement between the hitch and the bike rack. Lastly two wing nuts are used to eliminate movement and the folding points.
- Carries up to 2 bikes (up to 40 pounds per bike)
- Color: Gun metal finish
- Fits 2 inch hitch only
- Total carrying capacity of up to 80 pounds
- Arms can be folded down when not in use along with the whole racking folding away from the vehicle to give you better access to your hatch or truck
- Lock the bike rack to your vehicle with the Kuat Locking Hitch Pin 1/2" (sold separately)
- Hand-tight cam system - no need for additional tools!
- Anti-sway carriages for a smooth ride and limit the ability of the bike to swing back and forth
- Aluminum construction is lightweight and extremely durable. Weighs only 12 pounds.
- Product instructions: PDF download
- Dimensions: PDF download