The Thule 612 Hyper XL is Thule's top of the line ski and cargo box. When designing the ultra sleek 612 Hyper XL, Thule wanted to create a box that was beautiful yet functional, continuing their commitment to developing industry leading performance and efficiency in aerodynamics. The result is the most versatile box in their entire line-up. The 612 Hyper XL is great for carrying everything from ski equipment to luggage with its 17 cubic feet of volume. Its pointed front AeroNose Design gives this box minimal drag and noise, ensuring a luxurious ride with great fuel efficiency.
The Thule 612 Hyper XL is one of the longest ski boxes you can put on short roof SUVs like the latest body style Acura MDX with fixed factory racks. The Hyper XL features Thule's thickest plastic on its lid and base, plus a reinforcing bar built into the base. These features add up to the stiffest box in the Thule lineup, allowing it to sit far forward of your vehicle's front crossbar. Combined with Thule's patented Rear-Angled Base, this box is able to fit on an extremely wide range of vehicles without contacting the hatch.
The top lid of the Thule 612 Hyper XL is acrylic capped in black for a classic high-gloss automotive finish. A unique silver X design is painted on the top lid, creating a one of a kind premium luxury look. An internal LED light in built into the rear hinge, making night time loading and unloading easier. Flush lid stiffeners in the top lid combined with a nylon pull strap make the box easy to open and close one-handed. Dual side opening means you can get into either the driver or passenger side of the box for easy installation and loading.
Top of the line Thule AcuTight hardware is built into the Hyper XL's base. This claw-style attachment hardware audibly clicks to tell you when you have sufficiently torqued the box on to your crossbars. The AcuTight claws are universal, fitting Thule racks, round bars, and most factory racks.
- 17 cubic feet of volume - perfect for skis, snowboards, and cargo all year round
- Dual side opening for easy access from driver or passenger side of vehicle
- Premium high gloss, two tone finish on Thule's thickest base and lid plastic
- Patented AeroNose and Rear-Angled Base Technology developed by Thule make for an incredibly aerodynamic box with the ability to sit far forward on the vehicle roof, avoiding the rear hatch
- LED light built into rear spring hinge (2x AAA battery-powered)
- Tie down straps are included for securing gear internally
- Key shield around central lock makes locking and unlocking the box easy, even while wearing winter gloves
- The integrated AcuTight mounting hardware ensures this roof top carrier is fastened securely with its user friendly design
- Add a set of 4 Thule GoPack Duffel Bags for easy packing of your Thule roof box
- If you have a garage and are limited on space you can store the cargo box on the ceiling using the Thule 572 MultiLift
- Capacity: 17 cubic feet or up to 110 pounds of cargo
- Exterior Dimensions: 90" x 34.5" x 15"
- Maximum Ski Length: 201 cm (potentially longer, up to 220cm if splitting skis apart and avoiding internal bracing)
- Fits 6-8 pairs of skis or 4-6 snowboards
- Weight: 57 Pounds
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)