The Yakima KeelOver is a roof mounted canoe carrier for use on existing roof rack cross bars. The KeelOver utilizes universal mounting hardware giving it the ability to attach directly to almost any roof rack. To make the universal hardware easy to use it was designed to be tool-free installation, the combination of a t-bolt and wing nut make it quick and easy to mount onto your crossbar system.
The KeelOver features rubber molded cushions where the gunwales of the canoe are positioned to prevent potential damage to your canoe. The purpose behind using the KeelOver is prevent your canoe from being able to slide side to side or twist in the wind while on the roof of your vehicle. To ensure that you have everything you need to get your canoe to the water, the KeelOver includes heavy duty straps for tying your boat down side to side and bow and stern straps to tie down the front and back.
- Includes four rubberized gunwale brackets, two wide canoe straps to tie your canoe down side to side, and two bow/stern tie-down straps for the front and back
- Universal hardware designed to fit most round, square, aerodynamic or factory racks right out of the box
- Two sizes of T-bolts are included to provide a better fit to vehicles with different crossbar heights
- Rubber molded cushions protect the canoe gunwale when placed onto the KeelOver
- Tool-free design makes easy out of the box installation
- Can also be used as a load stop to prevent other items from moving side to side when carrying them on your vehicle's roof rack
- If you do not have tie down points on your vehicle, you can use either the Thule 529 Hood Loop or the Yakima Anchor Strap Kit for the front tie down points, and the Thule 530 Quick Loop for the rear tie down
- Also available as the Yakima KeelOver Half Set if you only require two cradles
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)