The Skybox Lo Carbonite is made by Yakima and is a low profile alternative to other ski and cargo boxes on the market! With 15 cubic feet of cargo space there is still room for camping gear and extra luggage and cross-country skis, downhill skis, and snowboards fit well inside the box.
Universal mounting hardware
The Yakima Skybox Lo Carbonite features an easy to use mounting system which is designed to fit onto Yakima bars, Thule roof racks, as well as most factory installed crossbars systems.
Dual side opening
The Skybox is also dual side opening making it easy to load and unload from both sides of your vehicle. This also helps with the installation of the box as you can easily access the mounting hardware from each side of the box.
Yakima's lowest profile cargo box
The SkyBox Lo Carb comes in at only 11.5 inches from the base to the highest point of the box. This makes it ideal if you are looking to leave the box on all winter and potentially get in and out of garages and parkades. This will very from vehicle to vehicle and also be dependent on the height of the garage and parkade.
Most rigid box on the market
The lid of the Skybox Lo has three braces making sure it stays nice and stiff as you open and close it and its SuperLatch system makes sure your box is closed and locked before you hit the road. Yakima SKS locks are included to keep your gear and cargo box secure and prevent theft.
- Dual side opening for easier loading and unloading from either side of your vehicle
- Rapid-fire hardware allows for easy installation and removal of the box from your crossbars
- Super Latch Security ensures your lid is secure to its base, and your stuff is safe
- Aerodynamic shape reduces wind drag
- Tapered design reduces hatch interference
- Lid is 50% stiffer than previous generation Yakima models, making it vibrate less and easier to open and close with one hand
- Lid shape is designed to be easy to grab onto, even if you're wearing gloves or mitts
- SKS locks included
- Integrated track system for accessories like a cargo net or base pad
- Fits Yakima Jetstream bars, Core bars, and Round bars
- Fits Thule Square, Aeroblade, and RapidAero bars, as well as most factory installed crossbars
- If you have a garage and are limited on space you can store the cargo box on the ceiling using the Thule 571 Box Lift
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)
- Capacity: 15 cubic feet or up to 110 lbs of cargo
- Exterior Dimensions: Length 92", Width: 36", Height: 11.5"
- Fits 4-6 pairs of skis of 3-4 snowboards
- Maximum Ski Length: 214 cm
- Weight: 52 pounds