The Rhino-Rack S512X is an extension designed to be used in combination with the Rhino-Rack S512. The Rhino-Rack S512X gives you the ability to quickly and easily turn your Rhino-Rack S512 into a double kayak carrier.
Universal mounting hardware
The S512X uses universal mounting hardware which allows it to be compatible with the majority of factory and after market crossbar systems.
J-style kayak carrier
The main advantage of J-style kayak carriers are the fact that they take up less space on the roof of your vehicle. This makes it easier if you are planning on carrying additional gear such as more kayaks or even bikes.
Includes the following
The S512X comes with the following items: 2 cradle extensions, stainless steel hardware, two tie down straps and fit instructions.
- Turns your S512 folding J-style carrier into a dual carrier
- Stainless steel hardware included to prevent against weathering
- Strong and durable steel coated for protection
- Product comes completely assembled just need to disassemble the hardware to mount it onto your crossbars
- Universal mounting giving you the ability to mount onto the majority of factory and after market crossbars
- The paddle cradle on the S512 cannot be used while the S512X extension piece is in use
- Fit kits are available for the Rhino Heavy Duty and Euro bars
- There’s also a fit kits specifically designed for the Rola* Rack and Rola* commercial crossbars
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)