The Kinetic by Kurt Rock and Roll Smart indoor bike trainer delivers a natural side-to-side motion with lateral movement to engage core muscles and maintain balance. You can simultaneously work on technique and power especially during out-of-the-saddle hill climb intervals. Kinetic Fluid Resistance Trainers are the most advanced mechanical training tools available. Innovative design, patented fluid resistance technology, and precision engineering set Kinetic Fluid Trainers apart from the competition. The new Rock and Roll Smart includes in the Kinetic inRide sensor already pre-installed onto the trainer and includes the inRide Watt Meter sensor pod.
The most realistic indoor ride availableThe Rock and Roll Smart allows for a natural side to side motion allowing your bike to move just as it does on the road. The lateral movement helps you maintain form on the bike forcing you to engage your core muscles for an all-around better workout. A stable core will help eliminate unnecessary upper-body movement, so that energy is used as efficiently as possible
Patented fluid resistance technologyResistance in the Rock and Roll Smart is created by turning a blade inside a container of fluid. This resistance is progressive and it increases as your wheel speed increases. Kinetic fluid trainers provide the most realistic replication of the resistance a rider experiences outdoors. It’s simple with fluid: Want to warm up? Put it in an easy gear and spin. Ready to work hard? Simply pedal harder and resistance increases. Doing an interval workout? Change gears and pick up the tempo - resistance meets you exactly like on the road.
Medical grade silicone fluidKinetic uses a thermodynamically neutral medical grade silicone fluid in their trainers because it provides consistent, repeatable workloads and is not affected by temperature. Kinetic trainers are precisely calibrated and tuned to provide the exact same amount of resistance every workout, from start to finish.
Lifetime of leak-proof performanceKinetic fluid trainers feature an engineering breakthrough - the patented magnetic drive system which offers a lifetime of leak-proof performance. With other fluid trainers, the drive shaft enters the fluid chamber which becomes the weak point of the unit. Kinetics magnetic drive system uses two sets of powerful magnets on either side of a separating wall, so there are no moving parts entering the fluid chamber.
Durable, designed to last Kinetic trainer frames are built to be the most durable in the industry. Some might call them overbuilt, but we are fine with that. Every frame is made from tig welded, powder coated steel. Every structural part is made of either steel or aluminum - no plastic. Knobs are made of ABS plastic over molded with rubber for better ergonomics, grip, and durability.
Quietest fluid trainer available Kinetic uses an internal fan and 80 cooling fins, which provides both the quietest fluid trainer they have tested and the lowest operating temperature of any fluid trainer.
InRide Watt Meter includedThe Kinetic Kinetic Rock and Roll Smart fluid trainer includes the inRide Sensor Pod already installed on your resistance unity. The inRide Watt Meter which allows for accurate and consistent measurement of power based on the RPMs of the resistance unit.
- Patented side-to-side motion (compare to fixed Kinetic Road Machine Smart stationary trainer)
- Progressive resistance from 5 watts to over 2000 watts
- Fluid resistance provides the most realistic replication of outdoor riding
- Thermodynamically neutral medical grade silicone inside the fluid unit is not affected by temperature so the resistance curve remains the same throughout your workout
- In addition 80 cooling fins on the outside of the resistance unit provide the lowest operating temperature of any fluid trainer
- Precise power calibration, superior heat management and precision manufacturing give Kinetic the ability to accurately measure power output based on the RPM’s of the resistance unit.
- Kinetic’s repeatable power curve and precise calibration allows the Kurt inRide Watt Meter to measure power based on the speed of the roller at a fraction of the cost offered by other systems.
- Frame is made from tig welded, powder coated steel. Every structural part is made of either steel or aluminum - no plastic
- Knobs are made of ABS plastic over molded with rubber for better ergonomics, grip, and durability
- The elastomer pivot points on the Rock and Roll are also designed for a lifetime of use and made of the same material used in suspension bushings for high performance cars
- Assembled in the box
Video: Kinetic Rock and Roll Smart key features
Video: How to setup a Kinetic indoor bike trainer