The Swagman Chinook 64683 is a two bike hitch mounted bicycle rack. The Chinook is a platform style hitch rack, which secures your bike in place by utilizing a ratcheting hook to clamp onto the frame and two wheel trays to support your tires. In order to provide you with the utmost flexibility the Chinook can be mounted into either a 2 inch or 1 1/4 inch hitch.
Tilts down to provide better access to back of vehicle
The Chinook has the ability to tilt away from the back of your vehicle in order to give you better access to either your trunk or hatch. The tilt away feature can be used whether you have bikes loaded or not. Often with the bikes on the vehicle and the rack tilted down you will still be able to open the hatch.
Locking mechanism to secure your bikes
The Chinook includes a locking hitch pin which is used to secure your bike rack onto your vehicle. There are also 2 lock cylinders which are built into the ratcheting hooks that are used to lock your bikes onto the rack.
Fits 1 1/4" and 2" hitches
The Chinook uses a 1.25 inch hitch tube which gives you the ability to mount the rack into your 1.25 inch hitch. If you have a 2 inch hitch on your vehicle there is an included adapter that mounts onto the hitch tube allowing the rack to fit into a 2 inch hitch. Once the rack is in the hitch and the hole is lined up you can the use the included threaded hitch pin to secure the rack onto your vehicle.
Fits a wide variety of bikes
In order to fit that widest variety of bikes the Chinook uses adjustable wheels trays that allow you to accommodate bikes with different wheel bases. Once your bike is mounted into the wheel trays there is a adjustable hook that ratchets securely down onto the frame of your bike to hold it in place.
- Carries up to two bikes
- Tilts down to allow access to rear of vehicle even while bikes are loaded
- Fits most frame sizes, shapes and styles of bikes
- Some bikes such as cruiser bikes, e-bikes, and bikes with step thru frames may require use of the Swagman 63999 Cruiser Bar to create a higher top tube for the ratcheting hooks of the bike rack to secure to.
- Adjustable padded hooks secure frame of your bike onto the rack
- Locks included in ratcheting hooks to secure your bike to the rack
- Includes locking threaded hitch pin to secure the bike rack into your hitch
- Wheel trays include a ratcheting strap which firmly hold bikes tire in place
- Fits 1.25" and 2" Hitch Receivers
- Maximum weight of 45 lbs per bike
- Fits 20" to 29" wheels
- Fits tire widths up to 3"
- If you need to be able to carry fat bikes on your rack there is a fat bike adapter available separately, the Swagman 64694 Chinook Fat Tire Tray
- Maximum bike wheelbase: 50"
- Distance from hitch pin to:
- Closest part of the rack when folded up : 6.5"
- Closest part of the rack when folded down : 13"
- Weight: 56 lbs
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)
- Dimensions: PDF download (external link)