The RockyMounts SwitchHitter is a roof mounted bike carrier that attaches onto your bike by either clamping onto your forks or using the thru-axle. The SwitchHitter is one of the most versatile roof mounted bike carriers with the ability to carry bikes with a 9mm front quick release using an included skewer, but it can also handle bikes with 12x100mm, 15x100mm and 15x110mm thru-axles using included adapters.
Universal mounting hardware
The SwitchHitter uses two steel straps that are coated in rubber to mount around your front crossbar. The back bar is then secured using a bracket that attaches around the bar using allen bolts.
The SwitchHitter features two different locking mechanisms. A lockable plastic cover sits over top of the mounting hardware at the head of the rack. An integrated cable lock pulls out of the back of the wheel tray and can be locked through the rear chain stay of your bike. RockyMounts lock cores
are sold separately.
One of the most versatile racks on the market
The SwitchHitter is one of the most versatile roof mounted bike racks currently on the market. It has the ability to carry your standard 9mm quick release using an included quick release skewer. Adapters are included to carry 12x100mm, 15x100mm, or 15x110mm thru-axle bikes.
- Carries one bike by the front fork or thru-axle
- Color: Silver
- Universal mounting hardware fits RockyMounts Ouray, Thule AeroBlade, and Yakima Whispbars along with round, square and most factory racks
- Low profile aluminium tray adds only 1.5 inches onto your crossbars
- Ability to carry bikes with a 9mm quick release or bikes with 12x100mm, 15x100mm, and 15x110mm thru axles
- Lockable plastic cover over the attachment hardware on the head of the rack allows you to lock your rack onto your vehicle (lock sold separately)
- Integrated cable lock that pulls out of the rear of the tray to lock your bike onto the rack through the rear chain stay (lock sold separately)
- For security, add two RockyMounts lock cores (sold separately), one to lock the tray to the car and one to lock the bike to the tray
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)