The Yakima ForkChop is a split-tray roof mounted bike rack that offers universal attachment hardware and compatibility with many different front axles. The ForkChop is a super minimalist rack with a simple front axle clamp that sits on your front crossbar and an adjustable rear wheel cup that sits on your rear crossbar.
Carries bikes by the front axle and rear wheel
The Yakima ForkChop is a split-tray bike rack that uses separate front and rear bar mounts to hold bikes by the front axle and rear wheel. 9mm quick release forks are compatible with the included lockable skewer, while thru-axles simply get assembled through the barrel on the front rack component. Rear wheels are strapped in place using a ratcheting plastic strap through the rim.
Universal crossbar compatibility
The built-in universal mounting clamps grab on to round, square, aerodynamic, or factory style racks. It is great for use on Yakima's roof top baskets as well. The ForkChop requires a crossbar spread of 32" to 50" center-to-center on your crossbars and the exact bar spacing will be dependent on your bike's wheelbase.
Fat bike compatible with kit
An optional fat bike kit is available for the ForkChop. The Yakima Fat Bike Insert Kit is sold separately, and it accommodates thru-axles sized 15x135/142/150mm or 9x135mm quick release axles.
Lockable with SKS Lock Cores
Two Yakima SKS lock cores
(sold separately) can be added to the ForkChop to make it locking. One lock core secures the front attachment hardware and bike clamp, and the other secures the rear wheel cup to the crossbar.
- Carries one bike up to 40 lbs / 18.1 kg by its front axle and rear wheel
- Securely carries both road and mountain bikes with quick release skewer or thru-axles
- Includes interchangeable inserts for quick release axles (9mm) and thru axles (12mm, 15x100mm, 15x110mm)
- Fat bike compatible with optional Yakima Fat Bike Insert Kit (sold separately) for quick release (9x135mm) and thru-axles (15x135/142/150mm), tires up to 5" wide
- No frame contact means no damage to carbon fiber and custom paint jobs
- Universal crossbar compatibility, tool-free universal bar attachment
- Ultra-minimalist split tray design works on most crossbars or on top of Yakima baskets
- Required crossbar spread: 32"-50"
- Add 2 x Yakima SKS lock cores (sold separately) to lock the rack to your vehicle and to lock your bike to the rack