The Thule 6297B Motion XT L is a 16 cubic feet ski and cargo roof box with an acrylic capped glossy black finish. It carries skis and other items up to 175cm long. The Motion XT series is a new European-designed Thule box line that carries a broad range of gear while sitting forward off of your vehicle's rear hatch. The shape of the Motion XT lets you maximize your carrying capacity throughout the entire length of the box.
Space-efficient design sits forward off the hatch
The Motion XT series is designed to sit low around a vehicle's crossbars. This helps keep the overall height of the rack system low, reducing drag, and improving fuel efficiency. The adjustable attachment hardware sits back on the box, keeping more of the nose forward to let you carry skis and other long items while avoiding the rear hatch on most vehicles.
Securely mounted with upgraded PowerClick hardware
Thule's PowerClick hardware is designed for quick mounting and removal of the box. It consists of two coated stainless steel jaws below the box that are adjustable front to back within a set track. Inside the box, a simple handle turns to close the jaws and audibly clicks to let you know the correct torque has been achieved. This generation of PowerClick hardware has the widest jaw spread yet, allowing easier installation on to wide factory and aftermarket crossbars.
DualSide opening for easy access
DualSide opening means you can easily get into the Thule Motion XT from either the driver or passenger side of the vehicle. The locks on each side of the box act as the hinge for the alternate side. To open the alternate side of the box, simply close and lock the lid and use your key to open the other side of the box. This makes installation/removal and loading/unloading much simpler than with a single side opening box.
SlideLock system automatically locks the lid when closed
The new SlideLock system on the Motion XT makes it easier than ever to open or close your box. When opening the box, an exterior release trigger lets you easily pop the top lid when it is unlocked. A grip-friendly outer lift handle is built on to the top lid for easier opening and closing. To close the box, simply pull down on the top lid and the SlideLock mechanism engages to secure the lid closed automatically as the lids meet. Using your key, you are able to lock the box without having to turn against the tension of the interior locking bar like on simpler boxes.
Thule Motion Installation Pictures
Check out some of the vehicles we have installed the Thule Motion onto by heading to our Thule Motion Installation Pictures Page.
- Size: L (16 cubic feet) - great for carrying all different kinds of items from skis and snowboards to sleeping bags and tents
- Color: Black glossy
- Optimized design for the best space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Easy to mount thanks to extra wide, pre-installed PowerClick quick-mount system with an integrated torque indicator that "clicks" when its properly mounted, ensuring fast and secure fitting
- SlideLock system with separate locking and opening functions which automatically locks the lid in place and indicates when the box in closed securely
- Easy to open and close in all conditions due to grip-friendly outer handles and supporting lid lifters
- Designed to maximize trunk access with minimal risk of contact with the cargo box, thanks to its forward position on vehicle roof
- Fits Thule AeroBlade and SquareBars, and most other factory and aftermarket crossbar systems
- 2 x Thule One-Key locks and keys are included which lock your box closed to secure your cargo and to prevent access to the attachment hardware
- Add a set of 4 Thule GoPack Duffel Bags for easy packing of your Thule roof box
- If you have a garage with limited space, you can hang the box from your ceiling using the Thule 572 Multi Lift
- Volume: 16 cubic feet
- Material: ABS plastic
- External Dimensions(L x W x H): 77" x 36" x 17"
- Internal Dimensions(L x W x H): 69.5" x 31.5" x 15"
- Weight: 42 lbs
- Warranty: Limited lifetime with Thule BringIt! Guarantee
- Max ski capacity: 5-7
- Max snowboard capacity: 3-5
- Max ski length: 175cm
- SKU Number: 6297B
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)
- Manufacturer: Thule