The Thule 896 DockGlide is a roof mounted kayak carrier designed to carry your kayak on the flat. The Dock Glide is commonly loaded and unloaded from the rear of your vehicle, which is why it includes felt-lined saddles making it easier to slide your kayak on and off your vehicle.
Improved Rear Loading
The DockGlide uses felt lined saddles allowing you to slide the boat up from the pack of the vehicle and then set them down
Universal mounting hardware
Designed to fit onto a variety of Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks right out of the box. This can be done using either the included FlipFit brackets which use wing nuts to tighten around the bar or the T-Track mounting hardware to fit into the top channel of Aeroblades, Jetstreams, Whispbars and certain factory racks.
Includes all tie-down straps
With the DockGlide you also get two straps with car-protective buckle bumpers for tying your kayak or SUP down side to side along with Thule's QuickDraw bow and stern tie-downs to secure the front and back of your gear.
- Easily load and unload the kayak with the pivoting felt-lined rear
saddles that help glide and centre a kayak onto the vehicle
- Two independent pivoting saddles with an angle-setting lever to conform to limitless range of hull shapes
- Protects the hull with large, flexible, cushioned pads
- Quickly secure the kayak using the centre load straps with car-protective buckle bumpers and QuickDraw bow and stern tie-downs
- Fits a variety of Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks due to T-Track and FlipFit brackets
- Accommodates kayaks up to 36 inches wide and 75 lbs
- SKU: 896
- Manufacturer: Thule
- Carries one kayak
- Materials: High impact nylon and stainless steel
- Height: 20 cm / 8 in
- Length: 14.5 cm / 5.75 in
- Depth: 10 cm / 4 in
- Weight: 6.8 lbs / 3.1 kg
- Product instructions: PDF download