The Thule 9041 T1 is a platform style bike rack designed to carry a single bike. The T1 secures your bike onto the rack using Thule's frame-free ratcheting arm which clamps onto your front tire only. The back tire is then secured into placing using a ratcheting wheel strap.
Zero frame contact
The T1 holds your bike in place by using a Thule's frame-free ratcheting arm which secures onto your front tire and a rear wheel strap that secures your back tire in place. This type of attachment provides the utmost flexibility in the types of bikes you can carry, from heavy downhill mountain bikes to carbon fibre road bikes and everything in between. Small bikes can be carried as long as they have a minimum of 20 inch tires.
Fat bike compatible
The T1 has been outfitted with wider wheel trays and a larger ratcheting arm which gives you the ability to carry fat bikes with tires up to 5 inches wide right out of the box. The 9041 also includes a longer rear wheel strap which allows you to securely hold the back tire in place.
The T1 includes a Thule STL2 lock which is a threaded hitch pin that can be locked onto your hitch, this prevents someone from being able to remove your bike rack off of the hitch of your vehicle. Also in order to keep the bike itself locked onto the rack there is an integrated cable lock which pulls out from the top of the ratcheting arm locking through the frame of your bike to prevent someone from easily removing your bike.
- Secure bike quickly without frame contact with frame-free ratcheting arm
- Lock your bike onto the rack using the integrated cable lock which can be run around the frame of your bike and locked back onto itself
- Secure the rack into the hitch receiver of your vehicle using the included STL2 locking threaded hitch pin
- Carrier easily folds up when not in use with the Thule HitchSwitch lever
- Ideal for carbon frames, mountain, downhill, fat tires and ebikes, fitting bikes with 20" to 29" wheels and up to 5" tires without adapters
- Fits into both 2" and 1.25" recievers with STL2 bolt included to lock carrier to vehicle
- Product Instructions: PDF Download (external link)
- Max number of bikes: 1
- Max bike weight: 60lbs or 27 kg
- Dimensions: 135 x 38 x 76.2 cm
- Folded dimensions: 135 x 67.3 x 38 cm
- Weight: 30 lb.
- Hitch pin to bumper clearance (stowed position): 6.5"
- Carbon frame compatible: Yes
- Tilt function (with bikes): No
- Fits 1.25" receivers: Yes
- Fits 2" receivers: Yes
- One Key System compatible: Yes
- Bike lock included: Yes
- Receiver lock included: Yes
- Color: Black
- Model number: 9041
Video Demonstration of Thule 9041 T1 Hitch Bike Rack