The Swagman 64689 E-Spec E-Bike Hitch Rack is designed to carry two electric bikes on a 2 inch receiver on the back of your vehicle or RV. The E-Spec can carry bikes up 70 pounds each, tire widths up to 3" and tire sizes from 20" to 29". The Swagman E-Spec is able to fit most frame shapes, styles, and sizes of bikes as it is a platform style bike rack. The wheels of your bike sit in the bike trays and hook clamps down over the frame securing your bike to the rack.
The E-Spec includes a 5th Wheel/Trailer hardware kit that allows you to then use the E-Spec on the back of your RV. Using the hardware kit prevents the rack from being folded up and down along with making it more stable. The reason these modifications exist is due to the fact that there is significantly more whip action on the back of RV in comparison to most other passenger vehicles.
Rack folds up when not in use
The E-Spec folds up towards your vehicle when not in use. If using the RV Approved Hardware Kit the rack will no longer fold up.
Alows for rear hatch access
Once the bikes have been removed from the rack you can fold the center post to the side in order to open the rear door of your vehicle.
Locking mechanism to secure your bikes
The E-Spec includes a locking hitch pin which is used to secure your bike rack onto your vehicle. There are also 2 lock cylinders which are built into the ratcheting hooks that are used to lock your bikes onto the rack.
Fits 2" hitches only
The E-Spec features a 2" hitch only in order to properly accommodate the heavier E-bikes. Once the rack is in the hitch and you have the pin hole lined up you can the use the included threaded locking hitch pin to secure the rack onto your vehicle.
- Fits 2" receivers only
- Fits 20" to 29" bike tires up to 3" wide
- Fat tire trays available for 3" to 5" tires Swagman 64679 Fat Tire Tray
- Designed for heavy duty use, 70lbs per bike capacity
- RV approved
- Fits most frame shapes, styles and sizes
- Some bikes such as cruiser bikes, e-bikes, and bikes with step thru frames may require use of the Swagman 63999 Cruiser Bar to create a higher top tube for the ratcheting hooks of the bike rack to secure to.
- Folds up against the rear of the vehicle while not in use (Cannot be folded when used on an RV)
- Includes locking hooks & locking threaded hitch pin with the same key