The Thule 9024XT Apex XT 2 is a hanging style bike rack designed to carry up to two bicycles. The 9024XT utilizes an integrated fold down mechanism that allows you to tilt it away from your vehicle access to your rear hatch without removing the bike rack. When the bike rack is not in use you can fold the arms down as well making it easier for storage.
Maximum bike protection on a hanging style rack
The Apex XT 2 Bike offers the best bike to bike spacing in a hanging style rack with 7 inches between your bikes. To further cut down on bike to bike contact the Apex XT uses secure ratcheting straps and anti-sway cradles. These two features are used to hold your bike in place and limit the amount of sway back and forth in the bikes.
The Thule 9024XT utilizes an auto pin which clicks into place when sliding the bike rack into the hitch. Once the pin has engaged into the hitch you can firmly tighten the locking knob. This allows the rack to expand filling the hitch and takes away the movement of the rack. You would then lock this knob preventing someone from being able to remove the bike rack. To secure your bikes onto the rack there is a included cable lock that pulls out of the mast and locks onto the front portion of the arms.
Fits both 1.25" and 2" hitch receivers
Out of the box the 9024XT can be slid into a 2" hitch, however if you only have a 1.25" hitch you can remove the attached adapter and the rack will then slide into your 1.25" receiver. Once in your hitch you tighten the locking knob to limit the amount of movement in your hitch.
- Snug-Tite receiver lock virtually eliminates hitch rack movement in receiver and locks the hitch rack to the vehicle
- Arc design of the arms gives bikes greater clearance off the ground and provides greater distance between bikes preventing contact
- Increased mast height for improved ground clearance
- Bikes are safe and secure during transport thanks to 7” of spacing between each bike
- Bikes remain stable and secure during transport due to the anti-sway cradles that prevents bike to bike contact
- Heavy-duty integrated lock allows you to lock the bikes to rack and stores in the hitch rack when not in use
- Folding HitchSwitch located at the top of the rack allows the arms to fold out of the way when not in use
- Secondary HitchSwitch at the base of the rack allows the rack to be tilted down for easy access to the rear of your vehicle
- Easy to carry and handle, thanks to integrated grab handle
- If you have a bike with a unique frame a crossbar adapter may be required such as the Thule Thule 982XT Frame Adapter which mounts around the handle bars and seat post, giving you a proper bar to mount onto.
- Rack Weight: 36 lb.
- Weight Capacity: 75 lb. or 37.5 lb. per bike
- Hitch pin to bumper clearance: 7"
- Hitch size: 2" or 1.25"
- Product instructions: PDF download