The Thule SquareBar Evo Clamp Roof Rack Package is designed to fit onto vehicles with bare roofs. Since bare or naked roof vehicles do not have any existing roof rails or mounting points the SquareBar Evo Clamp Roof Rack will use a vehicle specific set of clips and pads which will mount to the top edge of your door frame. This will create a strong, secure roof rack system capable of carrying up to 165 pounds. The Thule SquareBar Evo Clamp Roof Rack can be used to carry bikes, skis, kayaks, canoes, cargo and more with the appropriate accessory.
The SquareBar Evo Bars feature a channel underneath the bar which the Evo Clamp Foot Pack will slide in to. The outside dimensions of the SquareBar Evo Bars are the same as older Thule SquareBars so exiting Thule accessories designed for SqaureBars will fit correctly.
The Thule SquareBar Evo Clamp Roof Rack Package includes the following parts:
- Thule Evo Clamp Foot Pack
- A pair of Thule SquareBar Evo Bars (sized according to your vehicle)
- Evo Clamp Fit Kit (vehicle specific clips and pads)
How do I know if it fits my vehicle?
This roof rack package is designed to fit vehicles with bare roofs. Bare roof or naked roof vehicles do not
have any existing roof rails, fixed points, or tracks. Each roof rack package will include a vehicle specific Evo Clamp Fit Kit which will includes the correct set of clips and pads for your vehicle as well as the recommended length of SquareBar Evo Bars for your vehicle.
By providing us with your vehicle information when purchasing this roof rack package our staff will confirm that this system fits your vehicle as well as determine which size of SquareBar Evo Bars and which Evo Clamp Fit Kit your vehicle requires.
How does it attach to my vehicle?
The Thule SquareBar Evo Roof Rack Package uses a vehicle specific clip and pad system which clips into the door frame of the vehicle. Thule provides specific measurements inside the Evo Clamp Fit Kit box which ensure you have set up and mounted the roof rack in the correct spot on your vehicle. The metal clip is completely rubber dipped to prevent metal to metal contact and protect your paint. The EvoClamp Foot Pack includes an ergonomic torque limiter key which indicates when the rack is safely and properly secured to your vehicle.
Add a set of locks
Prevent theft of your roof rack by purchasing a Thule 450400 - 4 Pack of Locks
. The locks get installed into the covers which block access to the mounting hardware and prevents theft of the roof rack.
- Includes Evo Clamp Foot Pack, a pair of Thule SquareBar Evo Load Bars, and a Thule Evo Clamp Fit Kit with vehicle specific clips and pads
- Bar Color: Black
- Easily installs onto vehicles without pre-existing roof rack attachment points
- Ergonomic torque limiter key indicates when the rack is safely and properly secured to your vehicle
- Quick assembly and install with click-in mounting brackets. No additional tools required
- Securely holds the rack to the vehicle thanks to patented clamping technology
- The Evo Clamp Fit Kit is specifically engineered for a vehicle and has protective rubber contoured pads which attach to the base of the Evo Clamp Foot and rest directly on the roof. Custom formed metal brackets coated with protective Pebax® thermoplastic elastomer click into the Evo Clamp Foot and grip to the vehicle's door frame
- The weight capacity for this roof rack is up to 165 pounds evenly distributed, some vehicles may be less