The Aqua Bound Sting Ray Carbon is a great all-around paddle for any kayaker, and a great paddle type to share between family members. The Aquabound Sting Ray series is Aquabounds best-selling and most popular family of kayak paddles. The mid-size abX resin reinforced carbon fiber blades are 91 square inches which is perfect for recreational flat water paddling and kayak touring. Its smaller blades mean less water and wind resistance, meaning less fatigue for you. At just 28.75 ounces the Sting Ray Carbon makes for a more relaxing paddling trip.
The Sting Ray Carbon offers the Posi-Lok ferrule system which clicks into position firmly and securely. The Posi-Lok features strong, corrosion-free composite construction, convenient dual-button release, and infinite feathering angles.
The Sting Ray Carbon is available in 220cm, 230cm, and 240cm lengths. The length of paddle you require is determined by your height and the width of your boat.
Low Angle Paddle
Low-angle paddling is more horizontal, usually between a 20 degree or 30 degree angle. Typically used for recreational kayaks and touring kayaks low angle paddles are great for a more relaxed paddling trip. The blades of low angle kayak paddle are longer and narrower than high angle blades and that allows an easier stroke through the water which in turn will have less stress on the paddler. If you like paddling low, slow, and steady then you will be very pleased with the Sting ray series of paddle.
- Size: 6.25in x 18in - 16cm x 46 cm
- Surface Area: 91 sq/in - 587 sq/cm
- Blade Material: abX Carbon Reinforced Nylon
- Blade color: Black
- Length: 240 cm
- Shaft Pieces: 2-Piece
- Shaft Material: 100% Carbon
- Paddle Weight: 28.75 ounces
- Type: 2-Piece Posi-Lok
- Use: There are no gadgets or mechanics to learn. Hit the two buttons and “click”, it’s that simple.
The Posi-Lok ferrule clicks firmly and unmistakably into place, reassuring the paddler it’s ready for use and building complete confidence in this ferrule.
- Material: Made of fiberglass composite, the Posi-Lok ferrule is 42 percent stronger than plastic ferrules. The resilience of this ferrule is strong enough that you’ll never worry about putting your weight on the paddle again. No wear, wiggle, or movement in this ferrule system at all
- Adjustability: Easy to adjust the feather angle on the fly. External ferrule. No hard-to-reach sand or debris collecting inside your paddle shaft, meaning less maintenance. Multiple feathering positions: 0, 15, 30, 45, and 60 degree right and left hand control, so you can tailor the paddle to the paddlers many needs. Dual-button release. Locks the ferrule securely: hitting one of the buttons on your kayak won’t disengage the Posi-Lok ferrule
- Ferrule Maintenance: There is no metal parts on the Posi-Lok. Metal parts corrode when exposed to extensive amounts of salt water. With no metal parts, the Posi-Lok ferrule is friendly to all of the world’s waters. That said you will still want to avoid getting debris on the inside of the ferrule. Avoid resting the paddle on sandy or rocky ground to prevent debris from entering and wearing out the ferrule.
- Shaft and Blade maintenance: Blade and shaft repair can be made with Epoxy or fiberglass kits. You should try to avoid using the blade and shaft as a push off mechanism. Do not dig the blade into the ground to push off