The Kuat Transfer v2 Two Bike for 2" hitches only is a redesign of Kuat's entry level platform bike rack the Transfer. The Transfer v2 includes some significant improvements over the previous generation such as Kuat's flatlock tightening cam, semi-integrated locks, and a new robust hitch design. The Kuat Transfer v2 works by securing onto your bikes front and rear tire without contacting the frame, this makes it ideal if you're concerned about rubbing or scratching on the frame of your bike.
Utilizes Flatlock tightening cam
In order to provide improved stability the Transfer v2 utilizes what is called a flat lock cam. This is a mechanism that expands to fill the hitch as it is tightened to ensure that rack is snug in your hitch and doesn't move side to side or up and down.
No frame contact
With the Transfer your bike is held in place by a secure arm over the front tire and a pivoting wheel tray and ratcheting wheel strap through the back tire. This allows your bike to be properly secured to the rack without needing to clamp anything to the frame of your bike.
Access to back hatch or trunk
The Kuat Transfer features a foot pedal at the base of the rack that allows you to tilt the bike rack down with your bikes loaded in order to get into the back of your trunk or hatch. When not in use this same foot pedal is used to fold the rack up towards the back of your vehicle to provide improved clearance for parking.
One bike add on available
If two bikes isn't enough and you need to bring a third along you can purchase the Kuat Transfer v2 1 Bike add-on. This gives you the ability to use the same great rack and bring along another friend.
- Carries up to 2 bikes
- Colour: Black
- Flatlock cam for tightening into a 2" hitch
- Includes semi-integrated bicycle cable lock
- For additional security you can add the Kuat Transfer 2 Lock Upgrade Kit which provides an additional cable lock for each bike along with a hitch lock
- Tamper-resistant hitch security
- Robust hitch design for enhanced stability in tow
- Bike are held securely by the front and back wheels
- Folds down for easy access to your rear hatch, trunk, or tailgate
- Foot pedal fold down lever makes it very easy to fold down with just one hand
- Automotive-grade 750 hour salt spray hardware
- Weight Capacity (Total): 120 lbs.
- Weight Capacity (Per bike): 60 lbs.
- Maximum wheel base: 50"
- Distance between bikes: 11
- Fits 18" to 29" wheels
- RV Weight Capacity (Total): 80 lbs.
- RV Weight Capacity (Per Bike): 40 lbs.
- Max tire width: 3" (If you have a larger tire the Phat bike kit gives you the ability to carry up to a 5")
- Fits 2" hitch receiver only (Can be used on RVs)
- Important Measurements:
- Hitch pin to closest point when folded up: 5.875"
- Hitch pin to the closest point in the carry position: 8.125"
- Hitch pin to the inside of the first bike tray: 19"
- Hitch pin to furthest point when folded Up: 14.625"
- Hitch pin to furthest point when in use: 35.56"
- Product Weight: 37 lbs.
- Packaged Weight: 49 lbs.
- Product instructions: PDF download
- Dimensions: PDF download