The Thule 598 Criterium is a premium frame clamping roof bike carrier. The 598 Criterium has a precision C-Clamp that grabs the down tube of the bike's frame for a quick, precise hold and stable ride. By holding at the down tube, this upright carrier allows you to easily load and unload you bike without removing the front tire.
Gently holds bikes by the frame
A precision C-Clamp with rubberized jaws gets tensioned against your bike's down tube with the use of a ratcheting dial that allows you to get the perfect grip. Ratcheting plastic wheel straps hold down the front and rear wheels. The C-Clamp and wheel straps can be reversed during installation to allow the bike rack to be used on either the driver or passenger side of your vehicle.
Carries many different bicycles
The 598 Criterium gives you the ability to carry a wide range of bikes with standard frames measuring up to 3 3/8" in diameter. The 598 utilizes a stylish aluminum extruded tray that can hold tires up to 2.6" wide.
Many cross bar mounting options
Curved steel attachment clamps are included with the 598 Criterium that fit around Thule square bars or Yakima round bars right out of the box. By purchasing Thule Xadapt 8
, (sold separately) you can mount the rack flush into T-tracks on cross bars such as the Thule AeroBlade, Rapid Aero, and Xsporter, plus bars like the Rhino-Rack Vortex, Yakima JetStream, Whispbar, and more. It is also possible to mount the 598 Criterium on a factory rack using the Thule Ride-On Adapter
Lock your bike to the rack and the rack to your vehicle by purchasing two Thule One-Key lock cylinders
(sold separately). One lock gets installed in the release trigger for the C-Clamp, and a second gets installed in a locking handle in the front attachment hardware.
- Carries one bike up to 35 lbs
- C-Clamp has an integrated dial that gently grips and holds the bike frame for greater stability
- Ratcheting wheel strap quickly secures back wheel to tray
- Stylish aluminum tray holds bike in place while loading and provides rust-free protection
- Fits bike frames up to 3 3/8" in diameter and tires up to 2.6" wide
- 2 x Thule One-Key lock cylinders (sold separately) locks the bike to carrier and carrier to rack
- Fits Thule square bars, Yakima round bars, and other compatible aftermarket rectangular bars right out of the box
- Compatible with T-track style bars such as the Thule AeroBlades using Thule Xadapt 8 (sold separately)
- Factory rack compatible with Thule Ride-On Adapter (sold separately)
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)