The Thule 839 Get-A-Grip is a pair of fully lockable multi-purpose holder for carrying paddles, oars, and masts on existing roof rack crossbars. Each Get-A-Grip cradle consists of a rubberized base with a braided steel cable and rubber cushion block that anchors around your item and pulls tight. A trigger release at the base of the Get-A-Grip is used to release the tension on the steel cable when it's time to unload your item. A Thule lock core
(sold separately) can be installed into the base of each Get-A-Grip at the release trigger to prevent theft of your item, or of the Get-A-Grip cradle itself.
The 839 Get-A-Grip attaches directly around most types of crossbars using carriage bolts, a vinyl-coated steel plate, and plastic capped wing nuts. Compatible bars includes Thule square load bars and AeroBlade bars, Yakima RoundBar or StreamLine crossbars, and most other brands of factory and aftermarket crossbars.
- Includes 2 x Get-A-Grip cradles, one for each crossbar
- Fully lockable holder for paddles, masts, oars, and other similar sized items
- Get-A-Grip fits items up to 4" / 10 cm diameter
- Capacity to transport and lock multiple paddles
- Integrated cable secures items and prevents theft of expensive paddles when locked
- Equipment protection provided by rubber cushion
- Add 2 x Thule lock cores (sold separately) to lock the Get-A-Grip - one lock goes into the release trigger on each cradle
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)