The Yakima RaptorAero roof mount bike rack holds your bike by its down tube and fits on to nearly crossbar on the market. This allows you to attach your bike to the roof of the vehicle without removing your front tire.
By tensioning the RaptorAero's large red tightening knob, you close a pair of rubber-coated jaws against your down tube, holding the bike strongly in place. Plastic ratcheting Rattler straps secure the bike's wheels into the aluminum bike tray. Add a Yakima SKS lock core
(sold separately) into the red tightening knob to lock your bike into the rack.
The RaptorAero includes Yakima Universal Mighty Mount attachment hardware to fit around nearly any crossbar. This includes aftermarket systems like Yakima's own round bar, JetStream, CoreBar, and Whispbar, plus systems from Thule, Inno, Rhino-Rack, Prorack, and more. Use the Yakima Fit Guide
to find out if the RaptorAero is a listed fit to your factory rack.
- Carries one bike up to 30 lbs
- Great for bike frames with traditional diamond geometry, including bikes with fenders and thru-axles
- Fits 1" to 3" diameter down tubes (including most shapes and frame materials)
- Secure wheels to the rooftop bike mount with ratcheting wheel straps
- No problem handling disc brakes or thru axles
- Large locking handle to clamp around the frame of bikes (Yakima SKS lock core sold separately)
- Fits Yakima round bars, JetStream, CoreBar, Whispbar, Thule square and Aeroblade bars, and most other aftermarket and factory crossbars
- To check if the RaptorAero is a listed fit on your vehicle, use the Yakima Fit Guide
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)