The Thule 535 ThruRide is a premium through axle mount roof bike rack, that's uniquely designed to grab around a bicycle's existing 12mm to 20mm thru-axle. Conventional fork mount bike racks fit a 9mm quick release drop-out as a standard, but new bikes come with a variety of axle styles that may not fit without adaptors. The 535 ThruRide solves this problem by clamping around your bike's thru axle, keeping the bike more secure and riding at a lower profile compared to a conventional fork rack with a fork block adaptor.
The Thule 535 ThruRide comes with two styles of mounting hardware, track mounted hardware and universal hardware. Thule's Universal attachment hardware will grab around most factory and aftermarket bars without the need for tools. A separate T-track mounting hardware system is included for use with aerodynamic crossbars like the Thule AeroBlade to keep things sleek. The 535 uses Thule's extruded aluminum bike tray for great looks with a high strength to weight ratio.
- Fits a single bicycle on to a vehicle's roof rack by clamping around the bike's thru-axle (sized 12mm to 20mm)
- Compatible with conventional 9mm quick release forks with the use of the included non-locking 9mm adapter
- Add a Thule 535SKR Locking 9mm Quick Release Skewer (sold separately) to lock 9mm bikes into the rack
- Precision dial on rack head is used to set tension against bike axle
- Universal attachment hardware fits most vehicle's factory racks out of the box with easy tool-free installation
- T-slot mounting hardware included for perfect fit to Thule AeroBlade bars or similar t-track style bars
- Aluminum tray design for light weight and high strength
- Add Thule 512 2 pack lock cores (sold separately) to lock the bike to carrier and carrier to crossbars
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)