The Thule 9046 T2 Classic 2 Bike Add-On attaches onto the Thule 9044 T2 Classic
bike rack. This add-on gives you the ability to expand your Thule T2 Classic to be able to carry up to 4 bikes. From road to cross-country to free ride mountain bikes the T2 Classic can carry them all.
Zero frame contact
The T2 Classic holds your bike in place by using a large ratcheting arm that secures onto your front tire and a rear wheel strap that secures your back tire in place. This type of attachment provides the utmost flexibility in the types of bikes you can carry, from heavy downhill mountain bikes to carbon fibre road bikes and everything in between. Small bikes can be carried as long as they have a minimum of 20 inch tires.
Fat bike compatible
The T2 Classic has been outfitted with wider wheel trays and a larger ratcheting arm which gives you the ability to carry fat bikes with tires up to 5 inches wide right out of the box. The 9044 also includes a longer rear wheel strap which allows you to securely hold the back tire in place.
- 4 bike rack when used in combination with the Thule 9044 T2 Classic 2 bike carrier (required and sold separately)
- Fits 2" receivers only
- SecureHook holds the bike by grabbing the front wheel no frame contact is made
- Hitch Switch lever folds and stores platform when not in use and tilts carrier away from vehicle for rear of vehicle access.
- Reinforced tray provides maximum strength and rust-free protection
- Adjustable wheel strap quickly secures back wheel to tray
- Ideal for carbon frames, mountain, downhill, and fat bikes as it fits 20 - 29” wheels and up to 5” tires without adapters
- Accommodates bicycles with disc brakes, thru-axles and other non-traditional frame designs
- Ratcheting front wheel arms are lockable using Thule One Key lock cores (sold separately)
- Models: 9044 2 bike; fits 2" receivers only. 9045 2 bike; fits 1¼" receivers only. 9046 2 bike add on; fits 2" receivers only and must be used in conjunction with the 9044.
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)
- Thule hitch bike rack compatibility fit guide: PDF download (external link)