The Yakima RailBar Medium Black is a premium single aluminum roof rack crossbar for use on vehicles with factory raised side rails running front to back on the roof. The RailBar is sold as a single bar to allow you to buy sizes specific to the front and back position on different vehicles. The Yakima RailBar series features a tidy, low profile design for optimal aerodynamic performance and aesthetics. The RailBar installs easily with an included hex key, and has an option to add locks if desired.
Premium aluminum aerodynamic design
The extruded aluminum crossbar profile used by the RailBar was originally designed by Yakima to be the quietest and most fuel efficient on the market. The WindRidge leading bar edge is designed to control laminar airflow over the bar, reducing buffeting and keeping your vehicle's cabin quiet.
SmartFill T-track for easy accessory installation
The top of the RailBar has a SmartFill rubber strip built into the T-track. To install track-mounted accessories, simply slide them in from the end of the bar, or drop QuickDock and SmarT-slot mounts in from the top. There is no need to remove or cut the rubber strip as you would with competing racks.
Sized specific to your vehicle
Several sizes of Yakima RailBar are available to fit different vehicles: XS, SM, MD, LG, XL, and XXL.
Lockable with SKS lock cores
Need security? The RailBar accepts Yakima's Same Key System lock cores
(sold separately) to lock the plastic cover on top of the attachment hardware access. Each end of the bar takes a single lock core, so you will need two cores to completely lock a single RailBar (four cores for a two bar system).
- Includes one crossbar for installation directly on to factory raised side rails
- Colour: Black
- Size: Medium (MD)
- Available sizes XS, SM, MD, L, XL, XXL for different vehicles and bar positions
- The simple and low profile design results in a crossbar with the most seamless appearance available
- Aerodynamic profile designed to reduce noise and decreases drag
- WindRidge on the leading bar edge controls laminar airflow over the bar to optimize aerodynamics
- SmartFill rubber push-down infill allows for easy install of QuickDock or SmarT-slot style mounts without having to remove or cut rubber strips from the bars
- Simplest installation - clamps directly on with no extra fitting kit required
- Maximum load of 165 lbs / 75 kg (depending on vehicle rating)
- Add 2 x Yakima SKS lock cores (sold separately) to lock the bar to your vehicle's raised rails (or four lock cores for a two bar system)