The Yakima Rack and Roll 78" is a high-performance trailer rack system that takes style and performance to a whole new level. The Rack and Roll is literally in a class by itself, and takes the concept of utility from drab to fab with the premium aluminum finish and spiffy alloy wheels. The Rack and Roll is made of a light-weight aluminum construction and it carries gear easily upon shock absorbers that provide a full 4 inch of independent wheel travel.
The carrying handle allows you to easily turn your trailer into a hand cart making it easier to get your gear exactly where it needs to be. Typical cargo trailers are enormous and need to be modified to accommodate racks. However, the Rack and Roll folds up to a very compact size allowing for easy storage when not in use. As a bonus, they’re already compatible with all of your roof rack accessories, right out of the box!
- Carrying handle turns your lightweight trailer rack system into a handcart and if you are setting it down to unload your gear you can purchase the Rack and Roll Kickstand which will keep it level when unhitched
- Shock absorbers provide four inches of wheel travel, cushioning your gear
- Includes 78"-wide Yakima crossbars that can be adjusted from a minimum of 4 inches to a maximum of 48 inches.
- When you are carrying longer items you may require the Tongue Extension Kit adding 3 feet of extension to your trailer
- We also recommend purchasing a Yakima Spare tire just in case you run to the unfortunate problem of a flat tire.
- Tows 250 lbs with stock suspension. With the Yakima Heavy Duty Shocks you can tow up to 350 lbs.
- Locking levers with keys prevent theft of your trailer
- Wheels and tongue remove in seconds. Frame stores upright (or hangs) onto garage wall.
- Works with Class I, II & III hitches when a 2" sized ball is attached
- Add a Safety Pole (sold separately) for extra safety which makes it easier to see the bars when you are backing in the trailer
- Standard flat 4-light connector to vehicle