The Thule 480 SquareBar Roof Rack Package is designed to fit onto vehicles with bare roofs. Bare or naked roof vehicles do not have any exisiting roof rails, fixed points, or tracks installed on the roof.
The 480 SquareBar Roof Rack attaches to the roof of your vehicle using a vehicle specific fit kit which clips into the door frame of most cars, trucks, vans, and suvs.
This Thule 480 SquareBar Roof Rack Package includes the following parts:
- Thule 480 Traverse Foot Pack
- One Pair of BlackThule SquareBar Load Bars suited to your vehicle
- One vehicle specific fit kit custom shaped to your vehicle
How do I know if it fits my vehicle?
This roof rack package is designed to fit most vehicles with bare roofs. Bare roof or naked roof vehicles do not
have any existing roof rails, fixed points, or tracks. Each roof rack package will include a vehicle specific fit kit as well as bars long enough to fit your vehicle.
By providing us with your vehicle information when purchasing this roof rack package our staff will confirm that this system fits your vehicle and determine which bar size and which fit kit your vehicle will require.
How does it attach to my vehicle?
The Thule 480 Roof Rack Package uses a vehicle specific clip and pad system to allow the rack to clip onto the door frame of your vehicle. You start by sliding the 480 Feet on to SquareBars, positioning the feet based on the fit kit instructions, installing the clips and pads, and placing the rack on to the vehicle. The fit kit will contain information for where to mount the roof rack. Once in the correct position you will tighten the rack using the included hex key. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully to ensure proper installation.
Add a set of locks
Prevent theft of your roof rack by purchasing a Thule 544 - 4 Pack of Locks
. The locks get installed into the covers to prevent someone from removing the rack from your vehicle.
- Includes 480 Foot Pack, one pair of Thule SquareBar Load Bars, and a vehicle specific fit kit
- The Thule 480 Traverse Foot provides the strongest hold, safest fit and has 50% fewer parts than other racks for the easiest installation
- Thule Square Bars are strong, polyethylene-coated galivanized steel. The shape provides wide surface area to support gear carriers and accessories will not slip or rotate on the bars
- The Thule Fit Kit is specifically engineered for a vehicle and has protective rubber contoured pads which attach to the base of the Traverse Foot and rest directly on the roof. Custom formed metal brackets coated with protective Pebax® thermoplastic elastomer click into the Traverse Foot and grip to the vehicle's door frame
- The weight capacity for this base roof rack is up to 165 pounds evenly distributed, some vehicles may be less