The Thule 9042Pro Helium Pro is a hitch mounted 2 bike rack designed to fit into both 1.25" and 2" hitches. The 9042Pro is nearly half the weight of most steel hitch racks on the market and is the one of the only lightweight racks to integrate maximum convenience, bike protection, and security into one sleek design. The Helium Pro safely carries 2 bikes on the hitch of your vehicle using a dual arm hanging design.
The Helium Pro utilizes fast, tool-free installation with Thule's SnugTite stinger design delivering maximum speed, stability and security. The super lightweight aluminum construction makes it much easier to maneuver the rack around to slide it into your hitch receiver and then tighten the rack in place.
To secure your bikes onto the rack the Helium Pro uses an integrated cable lock that pulls out of the top portion or the rack and runs over the top crossbar of all your bikes preventing someone from being able to remove your bikes off the rack. To secure the rack onto the hitch of your vehicle you lock the SnugTite stinger which prevents someone from being able to loosen off the rack and take it out of your receiver.
Improved bike to bike spacing
In order to provide your bike with the best protection possible Thule has gone ahead and improved the bike to bike spacing. The Helium Pro features industry-leading 7” spacing between bikes.
- Carries up to 2 bikes
- Lightweight aluminum is nearly half the weight of most steel hitch racks, for simple handling, installation and removal
- Quick, secure and confidence inspiring bike attachment with ratcheting straps designed to fit around a variety of different bike frames
- Anti-sway cradles limit bike to bike contract and improve frame protection
- Integrated locking cable and lock knob lock the bike to carrier and carrier to vehicle
- Unsurpassed hanging hitch carrier bike protection with industry-leading 7” spacing between bikes
- No-tools required allowing you to install and remove the rack from your vehicle quickly and easily
- Snug-Tite Stinger virtually eliminates rack movement by removing space in the receiver
- Convenient access to rear of vehicle. Thule's HitchSwitch feature allows rack to be easily tilted down giving you access to your back hatch or trunk
- If you have a bike with a unique frame a crossbar adapter may be required such as the Thule 982XT Frame Adapter to mount around the handle bars and seat post, giving you a proper bar to mount onto
- Allows arms to fold down when not in use and tilts the carrier away for rear of vehicle access
- Rack Weight: 19 lb.
- Weight Capacity: 75 lb. total or 37.5 lb. per bike
- Hitch pin to bumper clearance: 10.8"
- Hitch size: 2" or 1.25"