The Thule 890000 Compass is a 4-in-1 roof mounted kayak and stand up paddle board carrier. The Compass can be used to carry a single kayak on the flat or in a J-style position, alternatively you can carry two boats if you set them on the edge in a stacker style. Lastly if the centre post is folded down you have the ability to mount a SUP board onto the system.
Four in One Carrier
You have the ability to carry kayaks on the flat(saddle style), on the edge, on a angle(J-style carrier), or you can carry a stand up paddle board. This adjustability also gives the rack better clearance if you are leaving the rack attached to your vehicle and pulling into a garage or parkade.
Universal Mounting Hardware
The Thule Compass uses a universal style of mounting hardware giving you the flexibility to attach it onto a variety of different crossbar systems. The maximum crossbar width that the Compass will mount onto is 3.5 inches.
Tie down straps included
The 890000 Compass includes bow and stern straps to secure the front and rear of your kayaks along with two load straps which secure your kayaks down side to side.
- Carries both kayaks and SUPs in different configurations to maximize roof and carrying space
- Four ways to carry: kayaks in the saddle, J-style, can be used as a stacker or carry SUPs
- Includes two pair of bow and stern tie downs and four load straps
- Folds down when not in use
- Padded arms to protect the kayaks/SUPs
- Accommodates kayaks up to 36” wide and 130 lbs (59 kg)
- Mounts directly to most factory and after-market rack systems (maximum 3.5” crossbar diameter)
- Crossbars must be at least 24 inches apart
- Minimum bar space: 16.75"
- Total width (arm up): 25.75"
- Total width (arm down): 29.75"
- SKU: 890000