The RockyMounts SwitchHitter LS is a roof mounted bike carrier that attaches onto your bikes front fork, this is done by either clamping onto the forks themselves or using an included thru-axle adapter.
The SwitchHitter LS is one of the most versatile fork mounted bike racks on the market with the ability to carry bikes with a 9mm front quick release using an included skewer or using the included adapters for bikes with thru-axles. The SwitchHitter LS includes adapters for the following thru-axle sizes: 12x100mm, 15x100mm and 15x110mm thru-axles.
Universal mounting hardware
The SwitchHitter LS uses two steel straps that are coated in rubber to mount around your front crossbar. The back bar is then secured using a bracket that attaches around the bar using allen bolts.The SwitchHitter LS can also be track mounted into the top of crossbars such as the Thule AeroBlade, Yakima Jetstream, and certain OEM racks.
The SwitchHitter LS features two different locking mechanisms. A lockable plastic cover sits over top of the mounting hardware at the head of the rack. An integrated cable lock pulls out of the back of the wheel tray and can be locked through the rear chain stay of your bike. RockyMounts lock cores
are sold separately.
One of the most versatile racks on the market
The SwitchHitter is one of the most versatile roof mounted bike racks currently on the market. It has the ability to carry your standard 9mm quick release using an included quick release skewer. Adapters are included to carry 12x100mm, 15x100mm, or 15x110mm thru-axle bikes.
- Carries one bike by the front fork or thru-axle
- Color: Black
- Universal mounting hardware fits RockyMounts Ouray, Thule AeroBlade, and Yakima Whispbars along with round, square and most factory racks
- Includes track mounting hardware which will work with Thule AeroBlades, Yakima Jetstreams and certain OEM racks
- On Thule Evo Bars, the slotted hardware plates do not fit and you must use the pre-installed form fitting, stainless steel straps and rear clamp
- Low profile aluminium tray adds only 1.5 inches onto your crossbars
- Ability to carry bikes with a 9mm quick release or bikes with 12x100mm, 15x100mm, and 15x110mm thru axles
- Lockable plastic cover over the attachment hardware on the head of the rack allows you to lock your rack onto your vehicle (lock sold separately)
- Integrated cable lock that pulls out of the rear of the tray to lock your bike onto the rack through the rear chain stay (lock sold separately)
- For security, add two RockyMounts lock cores (sold separately), one to lock the tray to the car and one to lock the bike to the tray
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)