The Marathon 220cm Paddle provides quality and value for the recreational paddler or the touring paddler. The 2 piece paddle can be feathered with a push of a button and the fiberglass shaft will provide added warmth for the cooler paddling days. There is also two rubber drip rings that will keep your hands and lap dry while paddling.
The Marathon Paddle is available in 220cm or 230cm length. Length would be determined by paddler height and boat width.
Low Angle Paddle
Low angle paddling is more horizontal, usually between a 20 degree or 30 degree angle. Typically used for recreational kayaks and touring kayaks low angle paddles are great for a more relaxed paddling trip. The blades of low angle kayak paddle are longer and narrower than high angle blades and that allows an easier stroke through the water which in turn will have less stress on the paddler. If you like paddling low, slow and steady then you will be very pleased with the Marathon Paddle
- Size:17" x 7" - 45 cm x 18 cm
- Surface Area: n/a
- Blade Material: Plastic
- Blade Color: Black
- Length: 220cm
- Shaft Pieces: 2-Piece
- Shaft Material: Fiberglass
- Paddle Weight of 39 ounces!
- Ferrule Maintenance: Metal parts corrode when exposed to extensive amounts of salt water. You will want to avoid getting debris on the inside of the ferrule. Do not rest the paddle on sandy or rocky ground to prevent debris from entering and wearing out the ferrule.
- Shaft and Blade maintenance: Blade and shaft repair can be made with Epoxy or fiberglass kits. You should try to avoid using the blade and shaft as a push off mechanism. Do not dig the blade into the ground to push off
Paddle Sizing Chart