The Rockymounts MonoRail 3 Bike Hitch Rack package is a platform wheel mounted hitch rack which fits onto a 2" hitch. Your bikes get held in place with a ratcheting hook which rests on top of the front tire just in front of your fork or brake and a wheel strap which goes through the rear wheel. Nearly any bicycle is compatible with the MonoRail, including wheel sizes from 20" to 29" and fat tires in widths up to 5" with 197mm rear axle spacing (including the enormous Rockshox Bluto forks).
Carries nearly any bicycle with no frame contact
The MonoRail is a modern rack built with modern bike geometry in mind. Wheel sizes from 20" to 29" fit into the rack, whether you are hauling road bikes, mountain bikes, kids bikes, or fat bikes. Fat tire widths up to 5" with 197mm rear axle spacing will work. Bikes sit 13" apart, and there is a 3" adjustment side to side to fine tune positioning. Keep in mind that the front wheel ratcheting arm must clamp against the rubber of the front wheel, so front fenders, racks, and panniers will need to be removed first.
Folding with rear handle
Unlike competing racks, the MonoRail has its folding handle located at the end of the rack for ease of use. No need to reach through the bike frames to fold the rack down. The rack is able to fold down away from the vehicle's rear hatch with two bikes loaded. When you're all done, the rack folds up vertically against the rear of the vehicle for storage.
Fully locking out of the box
RockyMounts includes a braided steel cable lock with the MonoRail. This cable loops through your bike frames, and then hooks on to the end of the included locking, bolted hitch pin before you lock the cap on the end of the bolt.
- Carries 1-3 bikes
- Fits bikes 20" to 29" wheels, road to fat bike tires 5" wide and 197mm rear spacing (accommodates Rockshox Bluto forks)
- Fits wheelbases from 36-50"
- 13" spacing between bikes and 3" side to side adjustment provides plenty of room between bikes
- Handle located at end of rack for ease of use, stowed and folded away positions
- No bike frame contact, hook clamps front wheel
- CRMO hitch tube is light weight and corrosion resistant
- Anti-wobble threaded locking hitch bolt keeps the rack solid and secure
- Includes a cable lock to loop through bikes and back to locking hitch pin
- Fits 2" hitch receivers (RockyMounts MonoRail 1.25" available separately for carrying two bikes only)
- When used as two bike base, max weight 60 lbs per bike, 120 lbs total
- When used with Add-On, max weight 40 lbs per bike, 120 lbs total
- Rack Weight: 53lb
- Construction: The rack is comprised of a mix of materials including a CRMO base, high strength steel upper construction, 6063 aluminum load arms and UV stable nylons
- Limited lifetime warranty from RockyMounts
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)
- Add-On instructions: PDF download (external link)
- Manufacturer: RockyMounts