The Yakima OutPost HD Truck Rack offers best-in-class payload and unmatched versatility. Leveraging Yakima Heavy Duty Bars for a 500-lb. on-road carrying capacity, and paired with Yakima’s 300-lb. Off-Road Rating, the OutPost HD truck rack is the ideal foundation for heavy loads. The Yakima OutPost HD is a mid-height truck rack designed to provide a lower centre of gravity, easier accessibility to gear, and the perfect platform for the SkyRise™ Rooftop Tent. The Yakima OutPost HD is built to handle heavy loads on back country terrain, the OutPost HD truck rack is ready for rugged overland adventures.
What's included in this package:
- Yakima OutPost HD Uprights - set of 4
- Yakima HD Bars - set of 2 (size based on your truck)
The Yakima OutPost HD is a mid-height truck rack designed to provide a lower centre of gravity, easier accessibility to gear, and the perfect platform for the SkyRise™ Rooftop Tent.
Easy install and removal
The base of the OutPost HD rack attaches to your truck using the Yakima BedGrip clamp (2 clamps per corner) and the uprights are attached to the bases using Yakima'secure QuickChange™ rack attachment allowing from easy removal and re-installation of the rack without completely removing the bases.
High load capacity
The OutPost HD truck rack system has an on-road carrying capacity of 500 lb and an off-road carrying capacity of 300 lb. This is perfect for roof top tents, camping gear, and offroading gear.
Fits all common trucks
The OutPost HD mid-height truck rack can be attached to all common truck beds including Ford, Dodge, Chevrolet, and GMC. For truck beds with a bed track such as the Toyota Tacoma and Toyota Tundra the BedTrack Kit 1
allows you to mount the OutPost HD to your bed track of your truck.
Works with select tonneau covers
Have a tonneau cover? The Yakima Tonneau Kit 1
allows you to mount the OutPost HD directly to the top track of your tonneau cover. Works with Retrax XR series, Pace-Edwards (except 2004+ Ford F-150), and Ford Embark LS tonneau covers.
SideBar kits available
Yakima SideBars can be attached to the uprights of the rack and used to attach offroading and utility accessories such as Rotopax™ and Recovery Tracks.
- Mid-height design sits provides 13" of height from the top of your bed rail to the top of the bar
- Maximum on-road rating of 500 lbs.
- Maximum off-road rating of 300 lbs.
- Easy on-off placement in minutes with our patent-pending QuickChange™ rack attachment
- Designed and tested for all common truck beds using our BedGrip™ clamp design,
- Fits select tonneau covers (Retrax XR series, Pace-Edwards (except 2004+ Ford F-150), and Ford Embark LS) when used with the Tonneau Kit 1
- Fits Toyota and Nissan factory utility tracks when used with the BedTrack Kit 1
- Built to last with engineered aluminum construction and a durable powder-coat finish
- Compatible with all Yakima mounts to carry kayaks, surfboards, bikes, rooftop tents, lumber and more
- Integrated tie-down points help easily secure any load
- T-slot attachments make adding gear mounts and accessories fast—and simple
- Integrated SKS (Same Key System) locks to secure your rack system to the truck bed
- Built-in bottle opener — cheers!