The Yakima LoadStop is a set of four L-shaped brackets designed to mount on to Yakima round bars. The Yakima Load Stop works as a great option to longer items such as a canoe, lumber, or ladders on Yakima crossbars. The Load Stops prevent your cargo from sliding side to side while you are traveling.
If you are carrying a canoe the LoadStops prevent it from having the ability to shift on the roof of the vehicle. The canoe must be secured properly using straps to tie it down side to side along with bow and stern tie downs which are sold separately.
If you are carrying ladders, the ladder can either be positioned between the LoadStops or you can mount them so the rung of the ladder can be securely positioned between the LoadStops. Against as stated above you are required to secure the load side to side and depending on the length of ladders front to back as well.
- Includes a set of four shaped L-shaped brackets
- LoadStops are coated in a grooved rubber to protect the items your are carry and prevent it from shifting while driving at highway speeds
- All cargo should be securely strapped down to the crossbars on the vehicle
- Canoes and other longer loads should be securely tied to front and back car bumpers as well as to the rack to prevent it from moving
- If you only require two of the Load Stops you can purchase the Yakima LoadStop Half Set instead