The Swagman 65156 Coastal Hull Pad is designed to assist you with carrying a kayak, SUP board, surf board, or even canoe on the roof of your vehicle. The Swagman Coastal is unique in the fact that it can be used on vehicles with a naked roof. This works by resting the 65156 Hull Pad on the roof of the vehicle with the non skid underside facing down. The non-skid underside both protects the roof of your vehicle along with providing a more secure hold onto the roof of your vehicle. When attaching your gear such as a SUP board, surf board or kayak onto the roof of the vehicle it is recommended that you tie it down both side to side by running straps through your vehicle along with tying down the front and back of your cargo.
If your vehicle already has crossbars on the roof of your vehicle the Coastal is designed with cutouts to mount around your existing bars. Having crossbars makes tying down your gear down side to side significantly easier as you can run the straps around the crossbars instead of through the vehicle. Even with the crossbars your are still required to tie your gear down front to back as there will be a lot of wind pressure pulling up on your cargo.
- Ability to carry one Kayak, Surfboard or SUP board
- Perfect option for vehicles with crossbars or even vehicles with naked roofs
- The Swagman Coastal is a quick and economical way to transport your gear to and from your destination
- Integrated non-skid underside helps protect vehicle's finish along with giving it a better hold onto the roof of your vehicle
- If you need a straps to tie your gear down side to side the Swagman 65137 Tie Down Straps are a great option