The Yakima SpareRide is a spare tire mounted two bike rack designed to turn almost any spare tire into a bike-hauling machine. The Yakima SpareRide utilizes the new SuperCrush anti-sway cradles to provide premium bike protection along with limiting sway in your bikes and cutting down on contact between the two bikes. In order to securely hold your bike on the SpareRide Yakima ZipStrips are used which ratchet your bike onto the rack in three places.
Universal Mounting plate provides you with the flexibly to mount the backing plate onto most bolt patterns. The extension included in the with the mounting plate provides you with the ability to fit nearly any size spare tire ranging from P195 to P318.
Easy to use ZipStrips
Attaching your bikes is easier than ever using Yakima's ZipStrip attachment straps. These straps which have gained popularity on the Yakima RidgeBack and FullTilt hitch mount racks are quick to attach and remove and are easier on your fingers compared to rubber stretch over straps.
SuperCush padding protects your bike
The cradles of the SpareRide feature SuperCush padding which protect your bike from scrapes and scratches while carrying your bike from place to place.
Each bike is held in place by three ZipStrips, two onto the crossbar of the bike, and one onto the seat post of your bike. This prevents the bike from swaying back and forth while driving.
- Carries up to 2 bikes up to 35 lbs each (70 lbs total)
- SuperCrush ZipStrip cradles allow for premium bike protection
- TireTread pads for stability
- ZipStrips secure bikes to the rack and are fully removable
- Steel construction for strength and durability
- Fits nearly any size spare, including oversized truck tires (p195-p318)
- Universal mounting plate with extension fits most lug patterns
- Tool-free locking knob for quick installation
- Anti-sway cradles minimize bike-to-bike contact
- SKS Locking Cable locks bikes to rack
- Enjoy a cold one with the Yakima signature bottle opener
- Rack weight: 29 lbs
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)