The Kuat Sherpa 2.0 Gray 2" is a super lightweight aluminum platform hitch rack for carrying two bikes in a gloss metallic gray powdercoat finish with orange anodized accents. Bicycles get held in place with an easy to use ratcheting arm over the front tire and a rear wheel cradle with a strap through the rim. The Sherpa 2.0 has been designed to be the easiest to use platform style bike rack on the market, and its featherlight design means you can easily take it off when not in use.
Lightweight aluminum design
The Sherpa 2.0 2" uses all aluminum construction throughout, making it one of the lightest platform racks around (approximately 32 lbs assembled). When people ask us, "Which bike rack would you buy for your mom?" we all point to the Sherpa because of its combination of lightweight design and ease of loading and unloading bikes.
Big clearance from vehicle & bike to bike
In designing the Sherpa 2.0, Kuat stretched out the distance from bike to bike to 14 inches in an effort to make loading and unloading bikes easier. Additionally, the spacing from the hitch pin has been increased in order to push the bikes farther back from the vehicle, which is especially useful on vehicles with the hitch tucked forward from the rear bumper. New folding wheel trays sit flat against the rack when not in use, giving this rack industry-leading clearance from the vehicle when in the folded up position.
Folds with easy foot pedal
Most platform racks with folding bases require you to crouch down underneath the rack to pull a folding release handle. The Sherpa 2.0 uses a pivoting handle/pedal that can be released with a quick push from your foot, letting you comfortably lower the bikes in the rack with your free hand. Its design also allows it to be used as a hand lever if you prefer.
The Sherpa 2.0 locks to the vehicle using a locking hitch pin combined with a hand-tensioned handle at the bottom of the rack - no tools necessary. A braided steel locking cable wraps through the bike frames and locks back to the outside bike tray, which is much easier than competing racks that use a locking cable that loops on to the hitch pin.
- Carries up to 2 bikes (max weight 40 lbs each)
- Super lightweight platform rack design weighs as little as 32 lbs (assembled)
- Dedicated 2" model built from all aluminum
- Holds wheelbases up to 47" and tires as large as 3"
- Safety strap included for the front tire to be used with tires bigger then 2.35" up to 2.75" and wheelbase longer then 45" up to 47"
- Increased spacing between bikes to 14"
- Re-designed pivot handle/pedal with optional foot assist
- Semi integrated bike lock - included braided steel cable lock loops through bikes and locks back to the outside bike tray rather than to the hitch pin
- Front tire ratchet design with intuitive release
- Rear tire cradle features co-molded strap to protect wheels
- Folding front cradle adds space between rack and vehicle
- No-tool install with hand tight hitch cam system
- Gloss metallic powder coat paint job
- Low profile arced design delivers amazing look
- Also available in both 2" & 1.25" hitch sizes in 3 different color combinations
- Schematic diagram: PDF download (external link)
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)