The Yakima RoadTrip is a a simple, RV approved bike rack for carrying 1-4 bicycles on the back of RVs and travel trailers with 2" hitch receivers. The RoadTrip has a tough steel design to remain durable, stable, and secure on the back of your unit. The bike arms on the RoadTrip have four pairs of fixed position SuperCush rubberized cradles to protect your bikes. Plastic ratchet ZipStrips let you load and unload bikes easily.
Carries up to four bikes
The Yakima RoadTrip uses two parallel arms to hang bikes by their top tube. Bike frames sit in rubberized SuperCush cradles that are fixed in place along the bike arms. Three plastic ratchet ZipStrips hold the bike in place - two over the top of the frame, and one around the seat post to minimize sway back and forth. Unique bike frame? Add a Yakima Tube Top
(sold separately) to hang your bike.
RV approved steel construction
Bike racks on RVs can be tricky. Unless a bike rack is explicitly designed for RV use, you should not use it on the rear of your RV or travel trailer. Yakima designed the RoadTrip with all steel construction and a solid, bolted together base to survive the extra force on the back of an RV.
Add locks separately
Out of the box, the RoadTrip secures to your hitch receiver with a bolted hitch pin. Worried about security? Add a Yakima LockUp 10 foot cable lock with HitchLock
(sold separately) combination to give you a keyed-alike locking end for the hitch pin and cable lock for your bikes.
- Carries up to four bikes (max weight of 37.5 lbs / 17 kg per bike)
- RV approved - built tough for high-mileage RV and travel trailer use
- SuperCush ZipStrip cradles secure the bikes and make loading and unloading a breeze
- ZipStrips secure bikes to the rack and are fully removable
- Anti-sway cradle design minimizes bike-to-bike contact
- Yakima signature bottle opener lets you enjoy a post-ride cold one
- Fits 2" hitch receivers only
- Rack weight: 29 lbs / 13.2 kg
- Add a Yakima LockUp 10 foot cable lock with HitchLock (sold separately) to secure your bikes to the rack and the rack to your hitch receiver
- If you have a unique bike frame that doesn't have a straight top bar to hang from, you can use the Yakima Tube Top (sold separately) to let your bike hang normally
- Product instructions: PDF Download