The Yakima DrTray 1.25" is a super lightweight tray style two bike rack for carrying bikes of all types. The 1.25" model of the DrTray weighs just 37 lbs out of the box. The DrTray features adjustable bike positioning, an easily accessible rear tilt lever, and the ability to carry all sorts of bikes. You can upgrade the DrTray to a three bike rack by purchasing the Yakima EZ+1 add-on
Carries nearly any bike
Road, mountain, and fat bikes all fit into the DrTray. Fat bikes with wheels up to 5" wide are compatible. Because bikes are held with a ratcheting clamp against the rubber of the front wheel, frame design is not an issue. Long rear wheel straps means big tires and deep rims are not an issue.
Exceptional clearance and adjustability
Unlike competing racks, the bike trays on the DrTray are able to adjust side-to-side and front to back along the central spine to let you reposition the bikes on the rack. This means you get unmatched max clearance of 18" between bikes compared to similar fixed position racks to avoid pedals gouging paint or brake levers rubbing on saddles.
Expandable to three bikes
The DrTray comes as a two bike rack out of the box. By purchasing the Yakima EZ+1 add-on
(sold separately), you can expand the total carrying capacity of the bike rack to three bikes. The third bike tray sits at the rear end of the rack's spine, and it has an elevated stand-off to add clearance between the bicycles.
Rear of vehicle access
A big remote tilt lever is located at the rear of the rack to allow you to tilt the rack down for rear access with bikes loaded, or tilt the rack up 90 degrees to sit flat against the vehicle for easy transport. Since the tilt lever is at the end of the rack, there's no need to crawl between the bikes and the vehicle to operate the folding function.
Full security system
A lock is integrated into the SpeedKnob attachment handle at the base of the rack. An SKS (Same Key System) cable lock system secures the bikes by the wheels and frame to help prevent theft.
- Carries 1-2 bikes out of the box; expandable to 3 bikes using the Yakima EZ+1 add-on (sold separately)
- For use on 1.25" hitch receivers (also available as the Yakima DrTray 2")
- Max bike weight: 40 lbs / 18.1 kg per bike
- Lightest rack in its class (1.25" model weighs just 41 lb. / 18.6 kg)
- Exceptional clearance between bikes minimizes potential damage
- Securely carries wheel sizes from 26" to 29" and up to 5" wide tires
- Remote tilt lever is easy to get to and intuitive to use
- Locking SpeedKnob for easy, tools-free attachment
- SKS (Same Key System) cable lock system secures both wheels and frame to help prevent theft
- Folds for easy storage and has built-in handle for transport
- Rack weight: 41 lb.
- Weight capacity: 80 lb. or 40 lb. per bike
- Hitch pin to bumper clearance (stowed position): 6"
- Hitch size: 1.25" only
- Product Instructions:PDF download