The Yakima HandRoll is a pair of load assist rollers for carrying a kayak on a vehicle's roof rack. It can be paired with a second set of HandRoll rollers or Yakima DeckHand kayak saddles
to make a complete single kayak carrying solution. A single heavy duty nylon strap and bow/stern tie down are included to help secure your boat. The HandRoll is designed with universal attachment hardware for use on round, square, aerodynamic, and factory crossbars.
Pivoting kayak roller
The Yakima HandRoll has a two axis pivot design that lets the thermoplastic polyurethane rubberized rollers conform to your kayak's hull for a super stable, protective grip. When you're finished loading, the rollers have a lock out to prevent the boat from moving while traveling.
Sold in pairs for versatility
Each HandRoll comes with a pair of rollers for a single crossbar. To carry one boat, pair the HandRoll with a set of Yakima DeckHand kayak cradles
, or use a second set of HandRolls if you prefer full movement. A strap for one crossbar and a strap for the bow or stern is included with each HandRoll/DeckHand pair, so you will have all the straps you need for one boat when you purchase a second set.
Universal, lockable attachment hardware
Rubberized T-handle clamp hardware is built on to the bottom of each HandRoll rollers - no loose parts and no tools required. There is a spot to add a Yakima SKS lock core
(sold separately) to each roller to lock them down to your crossbars.
- Includes one pair of rollers - to carry a single kayak, purchase two HandRolls or one HandRoll and one DeckHand
- Includes one heavy duty strap and one bow/stern tie down
- Load-assisting rollers make it easier to load kayaks from the rear
- Durable, TPU rubber padded pivoting rollers adjust to hull shape for stable loading
- Rollers lock in place to secure kayak while traveling
- Tools-free install to any crossbar
- Locks to base rack with Yakima SKS lock cores for added security (sold separately)
- Add Yakima Ripcord locking tie-down straps or a Yakima 9 foot SKS locking cable to optionally lock your boat to your rack (both sold separately)
- If your vehicle does not have existing easily accessible front and rear tie down points to secure the bow and stern of the boat, you can use either the Yakima Anchor Strap Kit or the Thule 529 Hood Loop for the front tie down point, and/or the Thule 530 Quick Loop for the back tie down point (all sold separately)
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)