The Kuat NV 2.0 Black 1.25" is a top of the line two bike platform rack for use on class 2, 1.25" square hitch receivers. Bikes get held in place by an easy to use front wheel hook that ratchets in place against the brakes or forks of the bike. Because there is no frame contact, the NV 2.0 is perfect for hauling everything from expensive featherweight carbon road bikes to heavy full suspension downhill mountain bikes.
Carries nearly any bike
Because bikes are held by the front wheel, nearly any bike will work in the NV 2.0. Wheels sized 24" to 29" in diameter work directly in the rack, while bikes sized 20" to 24" work using an adapter that clamps around the front wheel hook and acts as a spacer. If you need to carry a fat tire bike, the Kuat APBK Phat Bike Kit
(sold separately) extends the length of the rear wheel strap and adds an additional velcro safety strap for the front wheel to safely carry tires up to 4.8". Wheelbases up to 48" are supported.
Folds with easy pivoting lever
New for the NV 2.0, the rack now includes a pivot lever to lower and drop the rack, making it much easier to fold the rack down from the hatch. There is no more need to reach under the rack to release the cam handle like on previous versions of the rack.
Integrated Trail Doc bike repair stand
The Kuat NV has a unique professional grade bike repair stand built into the end of the rack. With the rack in the upright position, the Trail Doc repair stand swings out to hold a bicycle by the top tube on the frame using a quick ratcheting mechanism. This gives you unimpeded access to work on the remainder of the bike.
A braided steel cable lock slides out of each bike tray and locks back to itself, securing each bicycle to the rack. An included locking hitch pin secures the Kuat NV 2.0 rack to your vehicle's hitch receiver. It gets tensioned into the hitch receiver using a hand tightened hitch cam system, which reduces wobble and play.
The NV 2.0 has a premium glossy black powder coat with anodized chrome accents. This flashy, reflective look makes it stand out compared to competing racks. Kuat's logo is water transferred on to the rack in order to stay looking great for years. Clear vinyl protects the finish on the rear wheel area.
- Colour: Glossy black with anodized chrome accents
- Carries 2 bikes up to 60 lbs each
- Fits class 2 - 1.25 inch hitch only
- Holds tires as large as 4.8" wide with use of the Kuat APBK Phat Bike Kit (sold separately)
- Fits 20" to 29" tires; wheel adapter needed for 20-24" tires
- Holds bikes with wheelbases up to 48"
- Adjustable front tire cradle system
- Re-designed pivot with optional foot assist
- Fully integrated cable locks
- Trail Doc included
- Front tire ratchet design with intuitive release
- Rear tire strap features co-moulded strap to protect wheels
- No-tool install with hand tight hitch cam system
- Premium glossy black powder with water transferred logos
- If you need to use the Trail Doc but don't want to bring the whole bike rack with you, you can remove the Trail Doc and use it in combination with the Kuat Tri-Doc to create a portable bike stand
- Want to make loading your bikes onto your Kuat NV 2.0 even easier the Kuat Access Bike Ramp allows you to easily roll your bikes onto the rack. This is especially useful for E-bikes, Mountain bikes, and Cruisers which can be a bit heavier.
- Hitch lock included
- Also available in a 2" size
- Product instructions: PDF download
- Hitch fit guide: PDF download
Kuat NV 2.0 Features Video
Kuat NV 2.0 Assembly Video