The Yakima FatCat 4 Evo Black carries up to 4 pairs of skis or 2 snowboards. The FatCat 4 Evo was designed to accommodate several sets of even the fattest skis and snowboards fitting up to 4 sets of powder skis with widths up to 136mm at the tip. Plus, it's easy to operate without taking your gloves off thereby preventing career-ending cases of popsicle finger for concert pianists everywhere.
Carries up to 4 pairs of skis or 2 snowboards
The Yakima FatCat 4 Evo will safely carry up to 4 pairs of skis, 2 snowboards or a combination of both utilizing the DoubleJoint hinge system to accommodate the most modern fat powder skis up to 136mms at the tips or boards. The FatCat Evo 4 Ski and Snowboard Carrier utilizes an integrated binding lift mechanism to allow you to carry tall binding skis or snowboards without contacting the roof of your vehicle.
Easier access to skis and snowboards
A common problem on taller vehicles, especially on factory racks can be reaching your gear easily. With the FatCat Evo Yakima has designed the mounting hardware so you can offset the ski rack further to the outside. This is known as the HangOver clamp-mounting position, which allows one of the clamps to be moved more central on the ski rack giving you the ability to over hang the rack further to the outside of your vehicle.
Tool free universal mounting hardware included
The Yakima FatCat 4 Evo includes universal Snap-lock mounting hardware. The universal Snap-lock mounting hardware allows you to mount the FatCat Evo to round, square, and most elliptical factory crossbars. The FatCat 4 Evo Black also includes a round bar specific mount for the most secure and low profile fit on the Yakima Roundbars. If your crossbars have T-slots in the top and you want to channel mount your ski rack you can purchase the SmarT-Slot Kit 2 which is sold separately. Check if this rack will fit your vehicle's factory rack using the Yakima Fit My Car Automated Vehicle Rack Guide
Integrated locks included
The FatCat 4 Evo includes integrated SKS locks and keys to keep both the carrier and your ski equipment secure. When the carrier is installed, closed, and locked the carrier cannot be removed and your skis and snowboards are secured in place.
- Color: High gloss black
- Easily carries four pair of skis – up to 136 mm wide at the tip - or two snowboards
- Aerodynamic design delivers a quiet ride and streamlined good looks
- Universal mounting system works with round, square, factory, and most aerodynamic roof racks
- The listed ski capacity is a maximum provided by the manufacturer. Please note this is relative to the width of your skis or snowboards (i.e. you can pack more skinny cross-country skis than fat powder skis)
- Integrated SkiLift provides clearance for tall bindings
- DoubleJoint™ hinge expands for easy use with thick skis and boards
- For easier access to skis and snowboards, the HangOver™ clamp-mounting position shifts the mount further out on your vehicle’s roof rack
- Large button makes it easy to open with gloves or mittens on
- Sleek mirror black finish looks great on your roof
- Integrated SKS (Same Key System) locks included
- If you are looking to track mount your rack this can be done using the Yakima SmarT-Slot 2 which is sold separately
Having trouble choosing which ski rack is best for your vehicle? Click here to read our Ski and Snowboard Rack Info and Advice Section
- Rack width: 28.75 inches
- Useable pad width: 23.25 inches
- Maximum bar width: 3.45 inches
- Maximum bar height: 1.75 inches
- Weighs: 11.2 lbs
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)