Qualifies for Free Shipping across Canada. In store pick up is always free.
Save $50 until August 31st when you use the coupon code SWING at checkout or shop in store.
The Thule 9027XT Apex Swing XT is a premium hanging hitch bike rack that provides superior bike protection and unobstructed access to the rear of vehicle. The 4 bike 9027XT Apex Swing Away is designed to fit 2 inch hitches only and allows you to carry up to 4 bikes. The Swing away base allows you to keep all 4 bikes and still have full access to the rear of your vehicle.
Maximum bike protection on a hanging style rackThe Apex Swing XT offers the best bike to bike spacing in a hanging style rack with 7 inches between bikes. To further cut down on bike to bike contact the Apex Swing XT uses secure ratcheting straps and anti-sway cradles.
Fully lockingThe Thule 9027XT Apex Swing XT utilizes an auto pin which clicks into place when sliding the bike rack into the hitch. Once the pin has engaged into the hitch you can firmly tighten the locking knob. This allows the rack to expand filling the hitch and takes away any movement inside your hitch receiver. You would then lock this knob preventing someone from being able to remove the bike rack from your vehicle. To secure your bikes onto the rack there is a included cable lock that pulls out of the mast and locks onto the front portion of the arms.
Swings away from the rear of your vehicleThe Thule Apex Swing XT is designed so the rack can be swung away from the back of the vehicle with your bikes loaded. This is done by loosening off the tension knob on the back of the mast and then releasing the pin. The rack can then be swung out of the way giving you full access to the rear of vehicle
- Carries up to 4 bikes
- Fits 2" receivers only
- Swing-away design that allows a fully loaded hitch rack to swing away from the vehicle for rear of vehicle access
- Bikes remain stable and secure during transport due to the anti-sway cradles that prevents bike to bike contact
- Arc design of the arms gives bikes greater clearance off the ground and provides greater distance between bikes preventing contact
- Increased mast height for improved ground clearance
- Bikes are safe and secure during transport thanks to 7” of spacing between each bike
- Heavy-duty integrated lock allows you to lock the bikes to rack and stores in the hitch rack when not in use
- If you have a bike with a unique frame a crossbar adapter may be required such as the Thule 982XT Frame Adapter which mounts around the handle bars and seat post, giving you a proper bar to mount onto
- Quick to install and easy to lock the rack to the vehicle due to the tool-free, SnugTite stinger (lock included)
- Folding Hitch Switch allows the arms to fold when not in use and tilts the carrier down for rear of vehicle access
- Rack Weight: 42 lb.
- Weight Capacity: 150 lb. or 37.5 lb. per bike
- Hitch pin to bumper clearance: 7.3"
- Hitch size: 2"
- Carries a maximum of 4 bikes
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)
This product has not yet been reviewed.
Write a Review
Please login or register to write a review for this product.