The Kuat Class 4 Grey is a roof mounted, folding, j-style kayak rack designed to carry your kayak on edge. The Kuat Class 4 has the ability to be folded down when not in use in order to give you better clearance for getting into garages and parkades.
The Kuat Class 4 Grey is one of the only kayak racks that comes locking out of the box, combine this with the stylish good looks Kuat products are known for gives you the ability to leave it on your crossbar system all summer long.
Class 4 levelling
Depending on your crossbars and vehicle, it may be necessary to adjust the angle of your Class 4 kayak racks so that they sit level relative to the vehicles roof. Having the ability to level out your kayak carrier is important both for protecting your kayaks along with ease of loading your boat.
Universal mounting hardware included
The Kuat Class 4 uses Kuat's patented Flip mounting hardware. The Class 4 mounting hardware utilizes a steel strap that is coated in rubber to secure around your crossbars. This is done by snugging the strap up using the included 4mm allen key and then flipping the lever closed. The mounting hardware can then be locked with the included lock cores and key to prevent someone from removing your kayak rack. The Class 4 also includes track mounting hardware if your crossbar system has a channel in the top. This is designed to work with the Yakima Jetstream, Thule WingBar, Thule Aerobar, and certain OEM roof racks.
The Class 4 includes locks to secure the Flip mounting hardware so that your kayak rack can't be removed off your vehile. When the carrier is installed, closed, and locked the carrier cannot be removed.
- Colour: Grey
- End pull-lever release for easy access folding
- Magnetic store position
- Co-molded rubber for superior boat protection
- Locking Flip™ mounts for quick install / uninstall
- Adjustable tilt to account for non-level roof bars
- Includes t-channel flush mount kit
- Includes rubber protected cam buckles and bow and stern lines
- No Worries Warranty
- Kayak carrier holds up to 80lb boats
- Max crossbar width: 4.25"
- Max crossbar height: 2"
- Minimum crossbar height: 0.5"
- SKU: C4R1G
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)
- Product schematics: PDF download (external link)