The Aqua Bound Manta Ray Carbon kayak paddles are known as the "muscle" of the Ray series, this is mainly because of the large 105-square inch blades. The thick set blade on the Manta Ray Carbon 220cm is a superb option for paddlers in bigger boats seeking more power and speed in the water. At just 29.5 ounces, the Manta Ray Carbon is one of the lightest high angle injection molded paddles available, and its stiff, durable abX carbon reinforced nylon blades will help you move some serious water. All this power is balanced out with an ovalized, 100% carbon composite shaft, which means less fatigue and joint strain.
The Manta Ray paddles are shorter and wider than the other Ray series paddles. They are designed to catch and hold the water for extra pull and a more aggressive stroke, propelling the kayak with increased speed. The Manta Ray Carbon is available in the following lengths: 220cm, 230cm, 240cm, and 250cm. The length of the paddle is determined by paddler height and boat width.
The Manta Ray Carbon offers the Posi-Lok ferrule system which clicks into position firmly and securely. The Posi-Lok features strong, corrosion-free composite construction, convenient dual-button release, and infinite feathering angles.
High Angle Paddle
The high and low angles have to do with the angle your paddle enters the water, high-angle paddling is more vertical. Typically the high angle paddles were used with narrower kayaks for aggressive paddlers seeking more speed, but with the insurgence of kayak fishing especially sit on top kayaks we now see high angle blades being used for those paddlers that sit higher on the water and also require more power to propel the larger, heavier kayaks. Simply put the Manta Ray paddles work great for somebody seeking greater acceleration and more power.
Paddle Weight of 29.5 ounces!
At just 29.5 ounces, the Manta Ray Carbon is the lightest high-angle injection molded paddle available
- Size: 7.25 in x 18 in - 18 cm x 46 cm
- Surface Area: 105 sq. in - 677 sq. cm
- Blade Material: abX Carbon Reinforced Nylon
- Blade color: Black
- Length: 220cm
- Shaft Pieces: 2-Piece
- Shaft Material: 100% Carbon
- Type: 2-Piece Posi-Lok
- Use: There are no gadgets or mechanics to learn. Hit the two buttons and “click”, it’s that simple. The Posi-Lok ferrule clicks firmly and unmistakably into place, reassuring the paddler it’s ready for use and building complete confidence in this ferrule.
- Material: Made of fiberglass composite, the Posi-Lok ferrule is 42 percent stronger than plastic ferrules. The resilience of this ferrule is strong enough that you’ll never worry about putting your weight on the paddle again. No wear, wiggle, or movement in this ferrule system at all
- Adjustability: Easy to adjust the feather angle on the fly. External ferrule. No hard-to-reach sand or debris collecting inside your paddle shaft, meaning less maintenance. Multiple feathering positions. 0, 15, 30, 45, and 60 degree right and left hand control, so you can tailor the paddle to the paddlers many needs. Dual-button release. Locks the ferrule securely: hitting one of the buttons on your kayak won’t disengage the Posi-Lok ferrule
- Ferrule Maintenance: There is no metal parts on the Posi-Lok. Metal parts corrode when exposed to extensive amounts of salt water. With no metal parts, the Posi-Lok ferrule is friendly to all of the world’s waters. That said you will still want to avoid getting debris on the inside of the ferrule. Avoid resting the paddle on sandy or rocky ground to prevent debris from entering and wearing out the ferrule.
- Shaft and Blade maintenance: Blade and shaft repair can be made with Epoxy or fiberglass kits. You should try to avoid using the blade and shaft as a push off mechanism. Do not dig the blade into the ground to push off.
Paddle Sizing Chart