The Swagman Current 64678 is a platform style hitch rack that gives you the ability to carry two bicycles up to 60lbs each. The Current features built in locking arms that are used to secure your bikes onto the rack along with a locking threaded hitch pin that secures your bike rack onto the vehicle.
Folds Up - Tilts Away
The Current has the ability to fold up to the back of your vehicle when not in use in order to give you better clearance for parking in garages or parkades. The Current has the ability to tilt away from the back of your vehicle in order to give you better access to either your trunk or hatch. The tilt away feature can be used whether you have bikes loaded or not. Often with the bikes on the vehicle and the rack tilted down you will still be able to open the hatch.
Locks to your Hitch and to your Bikes
The Current includes a locking hitch pin which is used to secure your bike rack onto your vehicle. There are also 2 lock cylinders which are built into the ratcheting hooks that are used to lock your bikes onto the rack.
Fits 2" and 1 1/4" Hitches
The Current has a 1.25 inch hitch tube which gives you the ability to mount the rack directly into your 1.25 inch hitch out of the box. Alternatively if you have a 2 inch hitch on your vehicle there is an included adapter that mounts onto the hitch tube allowing the rack to fit into a 2 inch hitch. Once the rack is in the hitch and you have the pin hold lined up you can the use the included threaded locking hitch pin to secure the rack onto your vehicle.
Fits a wide variety of bikes
The Current is designed to carry anything from 20" kids bikes up to 29" bikes and will even work for fat bikes up to a 5" tire. Once your bike is mounted into the wheel trays there is a adjustable hook that ratchets securely down onto the frame of your bike to hold it in place.
- Carries up to two bikes
- Folds up against rear of vehicle when not in use
- Includes locking hooks & Locking threaded hitch pin with the same key
- Adjustable hooks secure bike frame
- Tire ratchet straps firmly holds bikes and secures wheels
- Fits most frame sizes, shapes and styles
- Some bikes such as cruiser bikes, e-bikes, and bikes with step thru frames may require use of the Swagman 63999 Cruiser Bar to create a higher top tube for the ratcheting hooks of the bike rack to secure to.
- Weight Capacity(Total): 120 lbs.
- Weight Capacity(Per bike): 60 lbs.
- Distance between bikes: 9.65"
- Max tire width: 5"
- Max wheel base: 50"
- Fits 20" to 29" wheels
- Fits Class 2 - 1.25" and Class 3 - 2" hitch receivers
- Important Measurements:
- Hitch pin to closest point folded up: 4.42"
- Hitch pin to closest point in use: 11.08"
- Hitch pin to closest bike tray: 12"
- Hitch pin to furthest point folded up: 18.28"
- Hitch pin to furthest point in use: 28.1"
- Product Weight: 57.86 lbs.
- Packaged Weight: 64.2 lbs.
- Product instructions: PDF download
- Dimensions: PDF download