The Yakima FrontLoader is a premium front wheel-grapsing roof bike rack that fits nearly any crossbar quickly. The FrontLoader is ready to go right out of the box using a tools-free installation procedure. Since the FrontLoader doesn't touch your bike's frame, it is perfect for everything from carbon road bikes to downhill mountain bikes.
Easy loading and unloading
The FrontLoader works by holding a bike by the front wheel in a V-shape grip. Simply lift the front wheel arm, roll the bike into place, and tension the big red knob to tighten the rear wheel arm against your wheel. The rear wheel gets strapped in place using a ratcheting plastic strap. To unload a bike, just loosen the big red knob and lift the bike out.
Holds nearly any bike
The adjustable front wheel chock is compatible with wheels 20" to 29" in diameter (including 700c road wheels), with tires up to 3" wide. Frame geometry, suspension, brakes, and axle style don't pose a problem because the FrontLoader only contacts your wheels. The rear wheel strap can operate on the passenger or driver side of the vehicle by flipping it during installation.
Universal attachment hardware
The FrontLoader uses super simple front and rear bar clamps that are designed to clamp around nearly cross bar out there. The front attachment clamp is operated with a T-handled bolt at the front of the rack. The rear attachment hardware uses a multi-height C-shaped clamp that can adjust along the length of the tray to match where your rear cross bar sits. Use the Yakima Fit Guide
to find out if the FrontLoader is a listed fit to your factory rack.
Add two Yakima SKS lock cores
(sold separately) to fully secure the FrontLoader. One lock core goes into the front of the rack to lock the front attachment hardware in place. A second lock core goes into the end of a braided steel cable lock which is hooked to the rear wheel arm. Using this system, your bike locks into the rack and the rack locks to your vehicle's cross bars.
- Carries one bike up to 40 lbs
- Bikes stay vertical as they roll onto the roof rack bike mount for quick and easy loading
- Universal fit to car roof racks with round, square or factory crossbars right out of the box
- Fits all kinds of wheels, from 20" kid sizes all the way up to 29" mountain and 700c road wheels (except tandems and recumbents)
- No problem handling disc brakes, thru axles or funky suspensions
- Doesn't touch the painted surfaces of your bike and makes for a great bike mount.
- Super security locks your bike to the bike mount, and the bike mount to your car rack system (2 x Yakima SKS lock cores sold separately)
- Fits Yakima round bars, JetStream, CoreBar, Whispbars, Thule square and Rapid Aero or AeroBlade bars, and nearly every factory cross bar
- To check if the FrontLoader is a listed fit on your vehicle, use the Yakima Fit Guide
- Product instructions: PDF download