The Yakima HoldUp 2 bike 2 inch platform hitch rack offers great versatility with improved strength and lock ability. The HoldUp features a mirrored black finish with red reflective Yakima labels, significantly beefed-up pivot arms for a lifetime of hard use, newly added side to side adjustability which reduces the chance your bikes will ever make contact with each other again, and fully integrated security system to lock your bike rack to your car, truck, van, or SUV and lock your bikes to your bike rack. The Yakima HoldUp is available in two models: one to fit 1.25" hitches and another to fit 2" hitches.
The HoldUp has the ability to carry a wide range of bikes from children’s bikes at 20 inch wheels, all the way to larger bikes with 29ers. With the 2 inch model you also have the ability to add an additional to bikes onto your rack. This increases your carrying capacity up to 4 bikes allowing you to bring more friends on your adventures.
Yakima HoldUp Demonstration Video
- Carries up to 2 bikes (up to 60 pounds per bike) or up to 4 when used with the HoldUp Plus 2 Add-On (sold separately)
- Fits 2 inch hitch receivers only
- New mirrored black finish with reflective red Yakima labels
- Beefed up pivot arm, built for a lifetime of hard use to get your bikes anywhere you want to go
- Side to Side tray adjustability reduces the chance your bikes will ever contact each other again. This is extremely beneficial when carrying a variety of sizes of bikes when handlebar to seat contact can be an issue
- A new fully integrated locking system locks your bike rack to your vehicle and locks your bikes to your rack
- Also features improved fit for 29ers and other big bikes
- The HoldUp 2 Black 2 inch folds flat up against the vehicle when not in use and tilts away from the vehicle for access to tailgates or rear hatches with or without the bikes attached. If you ever need access to the back of your vehicle while travelling for a cold drink or a snack this feature makes it easy peasy
- This platform wheel mount bike carrier has the ability to carry all styles of bike from carbon fiber road bikes to downhill mountain bikes! Sorry tandem and recumbent riders this rack won't work for you!
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)
- Hitch rack fit compatibility guide: PDF download (external link)