The Thule 819 Portage Canoe Carrier is a complete kit to carry one canoe on a vehicle's rooftop crossbars. Four rubberized brackets to stop the canoe from moving side to side. The 819 Portage attaches around a vehicle's crossbar using a FlipFit Bracket that is capable of fitting around nearly every crossbar profile universally. Heavy duty nylon pull-tight straps are included for securing the canoe down to each crossbar, and ratcheting nylon Quick Draw tie-down ropes are included for the bow and the stern of the boat.
Add an Xadapt 12
to mount the Portage flush into the T-slot of a Thule AeroBlade crossbar (sold separately).
- Includes 4 x brackets and straps to carry a single canoe, up to 34kg/75lb
- Durable gunwale brackets with ramped sides provide easy loading
- Cushioned weather-resistant base padding protects canoe during transit
- Strong, durable heavy duty load straps with buckle bumpers protect car and canoe from scratches
- FlipFit bracket fits all Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks with single reversible mounting bracket
- Includes all load straps and bow/stern ratcheting Quick Draw tie-downs (for the bow and stern) necessary to easily secure one canoe
- Fits flush to Thule AeroBlade with the Xadapt 12 T-track hardware kit (sold separately)
- If you do not have tie down points on the vehicle, add a Thule 529 Hood Loop Strap for the front tie down point or a Thule 530 Quick Loop Strap for the rear tie down point (sold separately)
- Product instructions: PDF download